• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI stage 2 supercharger

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
You are going to get a few responses, and you can search to read up even more on it. The bottom line is when they work guys are happy with them, but have had some history of bad control boxes (they have a new box this year I've heard). I have a friend in colorado that runs a stage 1 and has had a lot of problems...he's siezed his S/C twice and had a problem with it popping off the throttle bodies when he would chop the throttle.

On the flip side, a front mount is going to give you very little turbo lag, and a lot more adjustability as far as how much power you get. With the S/C you have to swap the pulley to change boost...on a turbo you can increase/decrease boost from the control box on the newer kits.

Good luck!

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I'll let you know as soon as we get snow. I'm coming off an 08 turbo Nytro and now running an 07 Apex MTX SE stage 2. I still want to get it into E and S for a headshim, blow off v/v, and an updated control box. I would like to be turn key reliable all this year. :D

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Set up correctly they rock. We run an RB3 box, blow off valve, bigger injectors and a little different install along with the right clutching and they are really good. Zero lag. Clean. Stock looking sled.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes, it cleans up the fuel programming and allows us to manipulate timing in order to get better throttle response and more power up top.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Great

I've had one on a 07 Apex for 2 years now and it is perfect. I run a CE 162 3" and a Van Amb. tunnel. Turn key every day. They have a new kit out now you can adust your boost from a prologger control box. I'm doing a Nytro right now and I'm putting on another charger. I think they are great. Just my .02

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
I'll let you know as soon as we get snow. I'm coming off an 08 turbo Nytro and now running an 07 Apex MTX SE stage 2. I still want to get it into E and S for a headshim, blow off v/v, and an updated control box. I would like to be turn key reliable all this year. :D

heh strokin,,how did that nitro treat ya,,been thinkn bout letting darren at e&s supercharge mine,,he's running a new rapid bike programmers this year,,suppose to be da bomb!

Premium Features