• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI Phazer S/C Belt Failures

feeze

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hi All,

I picked up this sled last year, and seem to be going through belts like crazy. I typically get about 3-4 rides before they go. After the first one blew, I have been checking the tension regularly. Here are some pics of the belts and pulleys. If anyone has experienced similar problems it would be much appreciated to here some solutions.

Thanks in advance! :help:

IMG_0236.jpg IMG_0237.jpg IMG_0238.jpg IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0241.jpg IMG_0242.jpg IMG_0243.jpg

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Get the MPI manual on how to align the pullies. They are tricky but I have never blown a belt on my SC apex not sure why the phazer would be different. Call MPI as well.

feeze

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Regina, Saskatchewan
Thx Kinger,

I am hoping one of the boys from MPI will see this and chime in. I did notice that the belt does hang over the top pulley ever so slightly. You can see the pulley is actually grooved where the belt has been riding. I also noticed that where the front of the motor is bolted to the side sub frame that there is a small gap> it seems to be the same on both sides, so I'm not sure if this is normal.

IMG_0248.jpg IMG_0249.jpg

Premium Features