• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving to Big Sky? Need places to ride and people to ride with!

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
My wife and I are considering a move to Big Sky Montana and are looking for info on riding areas around Big Sky, Bozeman and other can't miss areas in Montana.

We have been to Cooke City a few times so we know that area. We live in Teton Valley so we ride Island Park, Teton Valley, Palisades, Alpine, Thayne....some pretty good spots that I will miss!

Thanks for your time!
Rich

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
definately an easy area to go riding. Buck creek is right there coming down from big sky to 191. Taylor fork is south a few more miles but really easy. Portal is a few miles north on 191. Within 20 minutes you have some killer riding in both directions. Lot of people in the area so I bet you will not be looking too hard for long.

T
Dec 11, 2007
No experience in either location except Tog but curious...why would you leave the Teton Valley? I'm considering moving there soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
My wife and I are considering a move to Big Sky Montana and are looking for info on riding areas around Big Sky, Bozeman and other can't miss areas in Montana.

We have been to Cooke City a few times so we know that area. We live in Teton Valley so we ride Island Park, Teton Valley, Palisades, Alpine, Thayne....some pretty good spots that I will miss!

Thanks for your time!
Rich

Sounds like heaven to me! Good luck on your new adventure.

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
Big Sky

Pro 8250 got it right. Buck creek is right on the south end of Big Sky. Taylor's fork is a little further south and it is back country all the way to West Yellowstone. On the east side of the highway is the Big Sky Trail. You can access it through many different locations from Bozeman to Yellowstone. From Big Sky you can always hop up to West as well.

When the snow builds up and you're in the area send me a message as I live in Bozeman and I'm always looking for someone to sled with.

Premium Features