• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting Ez-Ryde to stock nytro tunnel.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
For future reference here is what helped out. I used the ratchet strap trick to pull the swing arm back as far as possible. I had the sled on a lift about 2 feet off the ground with the skid in the track. Laying beside the sled I pushed the axle back with my feet until the front cross member was under the ez ryde bracket. Push the arm up to get it started then switched sides to do the same thing. Then I ran a small floor jack under the track approx where the 2 wheels are and slowly pushed the skid up into the tunnel. (if on a lift make sure to secure back of sled to the lift-I used tie downs so that when I was lifting I didnt push the sled off the stand.

For the rear similar sort of set up there is a hole through the tunnel using one of the stock holes so I ran a small rod through there and under the track to help hole the track up off the skid so it was easier to get the rear shock to go into the tunnel. Had the rear shock close to vertical and got it started in the brackets then slid the floor jack under and lifted it up a bit. Once the rear cross member was far enough into the tunnel I just used a rubber hammer and hit the upper boggie wheels until the holes lined up.

Now the only strange part so far.

After using ratchet strap to pull swing arm back towards the rear axle as far as it would go, when I was done and I released the strap the swing arm did not slide forward? Is that normal? Do I have to pull it back to location? I had the skid bolted in and sitting on the floor, I compressed the rear and jumped on the running boards, both shocks would move but the swingarm did not move forward to where I started. It was still all the way back towards the rear axle.

I was looking at some crappy photos looks like it stays all the way back? So my skid under compression and free hanging on the lift still had the swing arm all the way back. When does it move?
Chow.

PS I managed to do this with 1 person, an extra set of hands would have made it go smoother.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Finally done.

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg
[/IMG]

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
The one way I got a little room between the track and the Turbo mount was I had the upper wheels machined down 3/8 of an inch. This almost doubled the clearance. You will have to tighten your track a little bit more though.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
The one way I got a little room between the track and the Turbo mount was I had the upper wheels machined down 3/8 of an inch. This almost doubled the clearance. You will have to tighten your track a little bit more though.

Right now there is not alot of clearance and the cross shaft is definately mounted as low as possible. There is enough to stick your fingers through but may need some more room. I will test it next winter and if I feel it is plugging up I will change the wheels.

Now I just need some snow!

Tues

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
ez ryde

Well looks like every one has the same trouble with this skid. wish i would have found this when you were doing it but heres my 2 cents. I have a 09 skid in a 153, put a powder claw 2 1/4 inch with no turbo so i had no clearance issues. hoping to put an impulse kit in before the snow flies so shouldnt have any at all. The rear brackets i had the same problems with the pictures christian sent me showed him clamping it and drilling new holes in the tunnel. thats what i did on mine and i went and got rivets with a larger head and it covered up both sets of holes. they werent that far out. and as far as putting it in i took the swing arm off the rails and put it in first. Took a porta power and spread the tunnel just a little bit then you can slide it in there no prob. You dont need much and you cant really throw anything out by spreading it i dont think. once i had it in place i put the shock cross shaft into its position and reasemble the skid inside the track. hopfully I never have too pull the skid out on the side of the hill cause that will be a pain. i had some other clearance issuse but they were from the z broz shocks i put. Make sure you use lots of locktite on all bolts on the skid i had some come out on th axle and have read on blogs of people having the short ones coming out on the top of the front shock. Anyways hope this helps.

Premium Features