• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Performance Nytro Tunnel Coolers

darrin@mpi

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2009
The OEM Nytro cooling system is often inadequate for the higher cooling demands of high horsepower supercharged and turbo charged snowmobiles. Drawing from our 12 years of Yamaha Tunnel and Cooling experience base, we designed the tunnel coolers to work with even the largest tracks without modification to the tunnels appearance.
This kit can be used with or without the OEM radiator. This makes it possible to shed even more weight from the snowmobile while still enhancing the overall cooling system. This is no little cooler. The actual extrusion measures just over 8 feet long. YES! E I G H T FEET. Compare this to the OE tunnel cooler that isn't even 2 feet long!!

Performance improvements are HUGE! Typically 60 degrees cooler with our tunnel cooler and the OE Radiator. Typically 40 degrees cooler with our cooler only (that's you eliminating the OE radiator and OE tunnel cooler).

Get them now on our SUMMER BUILD SPECIALS!!! 464.95 retail ...On sale now for 400.00!!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
nytro%20tunnel%20cooler%201-1000.jpg

nytro%20tunnel%20cooler%202-1000.jpg

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Looks good but I call BS on weight loss, yes you take a couple things off but you add a huge cooler. In the end with more coolant and cooler I predict a weight gain. I would bet a rear mount turbo would have a tough time clearing the cooler.

Only time I have every had my temp light was in bare conditions but typically with minimal snow and scratchers things keep plenty cool with oem set up.

Looks good just dont think it is that practical?

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
it will work with the supercharger set up that they sell. plenty of room. i dont know about weight loss or gain though?

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
im bettin that the dry weight (no snow or ice built up) will be more, but imagine that thing keeping you whole damn tunnel free of snow while youre ridin? that weight loss is priceless. ill bet the outside of the tunnel stays warm. but being that this post was so long ago, im guessin it didnt last?

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
I run these coolers on my setup. Rad delete and sled runs almost too cool. I have the Ulmer stage 2 kit. It does keep a lot of the ice out of the tunnel.

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
Anyone have pictures of this setup where it goes through the tunnel? I have a impulse kit and think the exhaust tunnel dump would be right in the way. But I would love to get rid of the stock radiator and free up some room under the hood.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Can this kit be run with the MPI 180 turbo kit?

I was looking at my sled and I think the charge tube would be in the way???

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
im thinkin it got in everybodys way except stockers and maybe thats why this thread is so old and unused? not sure, pretty quiet thread. just a guess.

S

splaterwin

Nov 27, 2007
Vancouver, WA
Works good, glad I did the mod.

Attachments

• DSCF1791.jpg
    DSCF1791.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 476
  • DSCF1798.jpg
    DSCF1798.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 225

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I got a set of these last year and was going to put them on my Powderlites Nytro, but as stated above they won't fit. I would cut someone a good deal if you wanted it.

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
im bettin that the dry weight (no snow or ice built up) will be more, but imagine that thing keeping you whole damn tunnel free of snow while youre ridin? that weight loss is priceless. ill bet the outside of the tunnel stays warm. but being that this post was so long ago, im guessin it didnt last?
total weight on these before I install them are 10 lbs 4 oz dry with all hardware still in there little plastic bags
I run these coolers on my setup. Rad delete and sled runs almost too cool. I have the Ulmer stage 2 kit. It does keep a lot of the ice out of the tunnel.
do you know if its enough to even delete the stock tunnel cooler and still able to cool the engine if it is N/A?

No radiator would sure open up some space under the hood and reduce a little nose weight as well.
does anyone know what the stock underhood radiator/fan weigh?

Works good, glad I did the mod.
what types of temps do you see on your sled? and have you deleted any of the stock coolers?

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
Cooler

I have this setup on my sled added it last year. THe reason it is so important, especially on a s/c sled is because when the temp light comes on on the nytro there has already been damage to the s/c. I have a prologger guage on my sled so I can watch s/c oil and engine temp. before I put on the cooler i was always around 175 to 190 degrees. Damage to the pump starts at 165 or so. since I added the cooler I run at 120-130 degrees. I eliminated my radiator and fan as well. I weighed the parts I took out and the ones I was going to add and they were very close to the same weight. That is dry however a few quarts of fluid add weight, I did not compare the ammount of fluid in regular system vs. new system. I have absolutely no snow build up in the tunnel however and my buddies sled always has at least 20 lbs of snow built up in his tunnel. I am sure as a whole this system saves weight and the fact I do not have to worry about my temerature all day like I did before is priceless. I think it will fit with all of MPI products, but feel free to call Mack at MPI and ask. I can also get to the to my coils and spark plugs now.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I actually like the VE cooler kit. It seems to be a little cleaner install and compact with almost as much cooling surface as the MPI. I have not come across anyone that has used one to find out how well it works. I always thought that the MPI cooler looked bulky and just thrown in there to fill a need for cooling large horspower sleds. I am sure it works well. How could it not. I was thinking of going this route just to shift some wieght to the rear of the sled and opening up the engine compartment a little. With a lightweight skid in the back it makes a front heavy sled feel even more so.

IMG_0813_zpse1efe74f.jpg

Premium Features