• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Cat wont start

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
parked my 2018 Mountain Cat in early April. Drained gas and added a couple gallons of non-eth. Went to go start it this past weekend and nothing, not even a studdder. Sled has always been spot on. I guess im going to check the plugs and them work my way from there. Any Suggestions?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
pop the fuel line off at the top of the tank and open the gas cap I have seen them get air locked when they have been completely empty. give it a gentle pull to see if you get gas to come out of the parted line.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I’ve also poured a little gas in the fuel line when it’s popped off. Always works for me when it’s been sitting for awhile and won’t start.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Key on
Kill switch on run
Tether attached

Still no start, try holding throttle wide open while trying to start

Still no start, add a few more gallons of fuel, try again

Still no start, check for spark

Make sure intake is not blocked

Make sure exhaust is not blocked

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Tap lightly on the injectors

Yes , this basically I have seen a few times. Stuck injector(s).
I unplug the injector , take a 12v battery with some small leads and energize the injector. You'll hear the injector click or free up, and sled fires right up. Has worked every time I've had a dead sled that has been setting a while.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Yes , this basically I have seen a few times. Stuck injector(s).

I unplug the injector , take a 12v battery with some small leads and energize the injector. You'll hear the injector click or free up, and sled fires right up. Has worked every time I've had a dead sled that has been setting a while.
Thanks to this forum, I used a 9 volt battery and hooked it up to the fuel pump. I hooked it up reverse polarity and back again until I heard the pump operating smooth. This forum saved my ash this time and many times. Thx snovest.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features