• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain bar/grab bar replacement

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
So the grab bar on my 2016 rmk axys pro broke. hardly use the thing, but when riding with my son in front of me he hangs on there. Polaris only sells it with the whole handlebar for $170. Any other options?

Thanks

2017-Polaris-Pro-RMK-Handlebar-1000x569.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
So the grab bar on my 2016 rmk axys pro broke. hardly use the thing, but when riding with my son in front of me he hangs on there. Polaris only sells it with the whole handlebar for $170. Any other options?

Thanks

I read somewhere on here (after I submitted a warranty claim for mine and still had to pay a $50 deductible) that the grab strap on a Polaris highlifter ranger/rzr will work and it’s only around $30.

Hope that helps!

Gixxermill

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2013
Red Deer, AB
The high lifter grab bar will fit but they do not have the cross bar so the overall strength of the bar assembly will be weaker and if you have a handlebar bag like I do it will no longer have anything to hang too.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
In the past there was some guys making them with hydraulic hose with a fitting crimped on each end. Is there someone here that can start that again and start selling at a reasonable price?

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
The high lifter grab bar will fit but they do not have the cross bar so the overall strength of the bar assembly will be weaker and if you have a handlebar bag like I do it will no longer have anything to hang too.

Sounds like you have experience with this?

Could you not re-use the stock cross bar that comes on the sled?

As far as I can tell they are not all one piece, but I could be wrong?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I think you could install the WPS 44-7800 universal grab-strap on there, mounting it directly to the bar, without issue...
Mount it to the bars above the killswitch near the bend (on the rear side of the bar).

Plenty on Ebay for about $25 .... just search for WPS 44-7800

attachment.php

2017-Polaris-Pro-RMK-Handlebar-1000x569.jpg

mountainbar.jpg

Last edited:

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I had mine replaced and have a few buddy’s also replaced under warranty. Your 16 should still be covered.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Fabcrafts have a threaded stud, not an eye...polaris, from the Dragons through the ProRides copied it.

Not an easy bolt on to the newer bars/cross-bar.

And pulling all those bar accessories and putting them on another .... WHAT A PITA (just for a grab strap)!!

I like having the strap there... especially when I'm stuck (dang it) .

Good luck !!

Last edited:

Gixxermill

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2013
Red Deer, AB
Sounds like you have experience with this?

Could you not re-use the stock cross bar that comes on the sled?

As far as I can tell they are not all one piece, but I could be wrong?

Yeah I have personal experience of this particular problem. Lol if you zoom in on the picture Op put up of the handlebars you can see that the cross bar is part of the grab strap. I have a highlighter strap sitting on the kitchen table and no way to use it right now until I modify something to make it work. Or lose the useage of my handlebar bag which I've come to enjoy.

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
I've broken several...I always cut the rest of the grab bar off the crossbar stud with a utility knife and carefully drill a new hole in the end of the broken mountain bar and then heatgun it back on. Your strap ends up being a little bit shorter but it works and it's cheap. This only works when the grab bar breaks right above the stud but all three of mine have broke in the exact same place

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
I've broken several...I always cut the rest of the grab bar off the crossbar stud with a utility knife and carefully drill a new hole in the end of the broken mountain bar and then heatgun it back on. Your strap ends up being a little bit shorter but it works and it's cheap. This only works when the grab bar breaks right above the stud but all three of mine have broke in the exact same place
Sorry about bringing up an old thread. Broke mine recently.
What exactly are you heating? Are you trying to shrink the bar material over the stud? Sorry. I just can't picture it.

Premium Features