• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motorfist

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Are they done making gear? Havent seen anything from them for the 19/20 season, and there was almost none of their stuff at Haydays.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I know when I call customer service, I get Keenya in Atlanta. So far, so good.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Arctic Cat owns/owned Motorfist. The founders of Motorfist, Brad Ball and co., who sold to AC in 2015 had a 3-5 year earnout, and the real deal/money was heavy weighted on the earnout; I'd guess that has expired. No idea of Textron has responsibility for the earnout, paid if off early, etc., but - with all the other changes and cuts at AC and snow made by Tex, it's not hard to figure out what's going to happen. Tick tock. Good gear if it fits (fitment can be odd), get a great deal, and don't count on a warranty. I have a few mid layer pieces from five years ago, they are well made.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010

it's weird, they have a 2020 season catalog available on their website (link above), but all of the items actually listed for sale on the website are from 2019 or older. none of the new for 2020 items shown in the catalog are for sale on the website

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Talked to my rep there, they haven't even gotten the 2020 gear in the warehouse yet so they aren't releasing it for sale until then.

Sadly since the Textron takeover things have been spiraling pretty hard for them. Last year it was very visible from the dealer/sponsored rider times but this year its becoming very obvious on the front end as there are basically no dealer reps to support the product so no dealers are stocking it anymore.

Textron gutted the entire team. As mentioned in the dootalk post. What little team there is is working out of ATL and have 0 background or experience in the sled world. Sad to see it how it is as I've loved the gear for years. Product is still awesome but not sure how much longer they can sustain this business model.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Seems like the new 2020 catalog has a lot of old gear in it and not much new... Sad, I really liked their gear too.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Well that sucks. I have had really good luck with Motorfist gloves, other than that I have always wore Klim because it has always just plain worked... but I know they made/make good stuff. Thanks for the info guys.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I hope they don't go under I love their stuff it has been the best clothing to date. I had nothing but trouble with klim, everything from failing zippers to seams coming unsewn to leaking water the first year I had it. I have never any of that with motorfist and have had the same stuff for four years.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
My last 2 suits are motorfist and I really like them, hope they stay in business.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I have a pair of their gloves I always wear for the last 3 years. They are getting pretty worn and have not been able to find replacements like them.

Premium Features