• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motorfist W.O.T gloves

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
NICE GLOVES so far.

MY WOT gloves are AWESOME.
Did not wear the killswitch gloves.

Finally got to wear my gloves this weekend in Alpine, WYO.
There were about 30 SW'ers there this weekend and man, was everyone Fisted up.

I thought the light tan leather palms on the WOT's wouldn't be so waterproof...but I was wrong.
The tan leather showed that it was wet but it NEVER made it inside.

Winshield deep powder south of Afton...those gloves did NOT get wet on the inside. EVER. Ice build up all over the gloves and icicles on the fingers..did not penetrate through.

And to reinforce that I know my hands were better than dry...they were actually scaly-dry...looking like they needed lotion....I mean they were DRY.

http://www.motorfist.com/product.php?p=15&c=5

wot_glove.jpg

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
Kalispell, MT
I have the totally opposite opinion of them. I bought them this year and they have sucked. I have to pack two pairs of gloves because these get SOAKED. I can literally ring them out numerous times while riding. Once we get on the trail to head back home I HAVE to switch gloves because my hands would surely get frost bit.

My roommate has the limited camo palms and he hasn't had an issue with them. Maybe I just got a bad pair?

S
My gloves get absolutely soaked, but my hands stay dry. Weird, but whatever. If it gets stupid cold, I switch to thicker gloves anyway.

My problem is that the leather rips way to easy, and the cuff is too tight so now they're ripping where I pull them on and off. I mean, once they're on they're great, very comfortable, and I like the goggle squeegee better than the klim ones.

I'd like to see them ditch the leather and just use the stuff between the thumb and forefinger for the entirety of it. It's ugly because it frays around the edges, but it seems like tough stuff.

I'm going back to klim next year. Loved my old Klim's until I left them on the back of my truck at the end of a day and now they're houses for mouses somewhere along the highway. :( The motorfists are gonna become backups... if they survive to the end of the year.

H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
tbbauha,

You got a bad set sounds like. Send them in and get a new pair. See if that cures the problem. they shouldn't be wet at all.

the stuff between the thumb and forefinger is Kevlar. I think It would be to "slick" to hold onto your bars ect, IMO. But ya, tough! It's freak'n steel!

The new WOT glove will be bigger around the wrist for the coming year i think.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'd like to see the thumb webbing be cut deeper and give a little more room to open my hand and thumb further.

It won't let me open my hand all the way for that slight moment my throttle is furthest from the handlebars. :)

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My hands don't get wet in them but they are a beotch to get on with wet hands. The liner material with the small cuffs make for real difficulty putting them on on the hill. Also, the X-large are actually the first time I've had XL's be too large. They'll work good in flatlandville but I need to find something like Event's for the hill's.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
Kalispell, MT
tbbauha,

You got a bad set sounds like. Send them in and get a new pair. See if that cures the problem. they shouldn't be wet at all.

the stuff between the thumb and forefinger is Kevlar. I think It would be to "slick" to hold onto your bars ect, IMO. But ya, tough! It's freak'n steel!

The new WOT glove will be bigger around the wrist for the coming year i think.

Just called MotorFist and they're sending me a new pair free of charge. They haven't heard of any bad reviews from them.

T

tomlee76

Nov 30, 2007
Bedford NH
I have spent more money on gloves than sleds in the past few years,I tried EVERYTHING out there and these are the best I have found. So good in fact I just got another pair yesterday along with their new boots. I still like the Klim gear, but I think MF has the glove market covered. Now if you could piece a sled together like your gear things would be perfect in my world. Imagine the Pro Ride chassis with the tourque of the cat motor-how cool would that be?

05 tmk 900

Jan 26, 2010
squamish
motor fist

I got a pair of motorfist gloves for christmas. They do not work for me. They get soaking wet. I have to wring them out several times a day. My hands get frozen after the first time I have to wring them out.
These gloves would be good for some summer riding on a motorbike where your hands never need to touch snow.
I think I will return the jacket before I even try it. If the gloves are this bad how good can the jacket be. I get tired of products that ride on marketing and advertising instead of providing a good product that can sell by word of mouth.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I got a pair of motorfist gloves for christmas. They suck. They get soaking wet. I have to wring them out several times a day. My hands get frozen after the first time I have to wring them out.
These gloves would be good for some summer riding on a motorbike where your hands never need to touch snow.
I think I will return the jacket before I even try it. If the gloves are this bad how good can the jacket be. I get so tired of these products that ride on marketing and advertising instead of providing a good product that can sell by word of mouth.

Wow.
I see less advertising from them than I do word of mouth.

Which gloves?

Send the coat to me, I'll wear it.

Last edited:

MotorFist

Lifetime Membership
Mar 11, 2012
Motorfist headquarters
www.motorfist.com
If your gloves are wet there was a failure. A new set will head your way when you let us know.

Failure happens....

The glove shell on ANY glove is not waterproof. There is a insert inside the glove that keeps the wet out BUT the glove shell will get wet. It's kind of hard to explain, but everyone uses the same tech because of the nature of how they are sewn.

snow_god

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2011
southwest wisconsin
Got my first pair of mf gloves this year. By far the best gloves ive owned. Ya they are a bit tough getting on when hands are wet, not the end of the world. just have to take a extra second or two to work em on. Also picked up some of the Event bibs, love them as well.

MotorFist

Lifetime Membership
Mar 11, 2012
Motorfist headquarters
www.motorfist.com
Cool. Glad you like!

The liner on the inside of the glove is nice for comfort BUT it likes to wick the moisture off your hands. Which = your hands getting stuck to the liner till the hands dry out some.

Just take her easy on and off if your hands get wet. The liner is sewn in on the tip of the glove with not much to hold them. Almost all gloves have the tips sewn in to keep it from pulling inside out. But this can be torn free. Just be careful :)

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
Love the WOT gloves, our crew probably has 6-7 pairs and they agree.

Even when the outsides are soaking wet, the insides are toasty dry.
I would like to see the cuffs a little larger for easier access.

But best warranty on gloves in the business, hands down!

Thanks MF!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I got a pair of motorfist gloves for christmas. They do not work for me. They get soaking wet. I have to wring them out several times a day. My hands get frozen after the first time I have to wring them out.
I think I will return the jacket before I even try it. If the gloves are this bad how good can the jacket be. I get tired of products that ride on marketing and advertising instead of providing a good product that can sell by word of mouth.

WOW! Brutal. I have 5 pair in my bag and I love them. I used to be a hardcore Klim guy but I got my hands on some jacket, bibs and gloves last season and sold my Klim gear. MF is the real deal as far as gear. Warranty that will flat out destroy a competitor's warranty. They offer no excuses, they just fix or replace the problematic item. I was lucky enough to have them set me up with the boots, gloves and helmet this season and I must say that I will be selling my Klim boots too. The gear is warm, dry, light and keeps your skin dry. I'm short a pair now though :( I must have cut the leather on the palm as there was a small slit that was letting moisture in. So I got a spare set out of my box and set the others (leather down) on my pipe to thaw out and dry a little and I forgot them. Needless to say that one jump and they flipped and ended up getting burned, even though my pipe is wrapped. Sad day. But I have a set of Valkryies coming this week and I can't wait to try them.

Premium Features