• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motorfist Stomper boot..verdict?

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
Those who have ridden this season with the Stomper boat, how are you liking them. I am thinking of picking up a pair. Is it a better boot than the Klim Adrenaline?

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
Love mine. Four rides on them already. Stay dry and warm all day. I also have there socks.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
About as warm as the adrenaline, but I still think the adrenaline is warmer. They both have 600g insulate. I like how the adrenaline goes further up your calf. I'm already destroying the soles on the stompers just like I did with the adrenalines. Nice I can replace them though. Laces on the stompers don't come loose with their wiggle design. I think my feet sweat less with the adrenalines over the stompers. Both good boots IMO. I can go either way on them.

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
STOMPER VS ADRENALINE

a friend took both boots (stomper and adrenaline) and filled them both FULL of water. 45 min. and the stomper leaked from the "replaceable sole".....days later not a drop of water out of the klim. doesnt get any more real world than that for me.

T

tomlee76

Nov 30, 2007
Bedford NH
Interesting way to test, but it sure will show a true waterproof or not. A little excessive, but then again this whole sport is about doing things in excess.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
i m

I must have different feet than all others. If I tie the right boot too tight it cuts off my circulation. And the wind eats right through mine. The tounge is too short and Lets snow in on both of them, the laces are a pain to untie at the end of the day when i can't hardly bend over.
I'm not a fan
Or I just don't like soaked cold feet

D
Sep 19, 2005
a friend took both boots (stomper and adrenaline) and filled them both FULL of water. 45 min. and the stomper leaked from the "replaceable sole".....days later not a drop of water out of the klim. doesnt get any more real world than that for me.

Klim's way of showing the "difference". Lot's of dealers are under the gun by Klim to cut, dismantel and fill the stomper with water.
Yup...the boot let's water out, that way your feet aren't wet and sweaty at the end of the day.
Put them in water and see if water gets in.....it won't.

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
If I tie the right boot too tight it cuts off my circulation. And the wind eats right through mine. The laces are a pain to untie at the end of the day when i can't hardly bend over.

This was true first day I wore, but started to wear a little looser and feels much better. The laces stay tight, but yes after a long day, harder to get off, can't complain about that though.

I was worried about the support, having only worn snowboard boots before and I am very happy with the fit.

12 rides and a bunch of Z120 sessions and haven't had wet feet once. I would definitely buy again.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
I love the look of the boot and the flexability.I plan on hunting and quadding with them as well.They are very light and comfortable.I just picked them up for %25 off and had a rewards coupon for $45 so I left the store with them for $150 taxes in .I couldn't pass for that price.My wife has the adrenalins but I have worn them and find them too stiff for jumping from side to side on the sled.The stompers are lighter and more flexable.I will be out on them soon.

Y

yamahaboy701

Oct 15, 2008
Very happy with my stoppers all year, have about 20+ solid days of riding on them and only have been wet once (broke though some thin ice up to my knees). Otherwise they are 10x the boot compared to my HMK Pro Boas. No complaints and would recommend them to anybody...

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Put mine to the test this weekend. Some bonehead got his sled stuck out in the middle of the lake, water on top of ice and froze again with thin layer of ice on top.

Hiked out there to help him, broke through thin layer of ice to 14" of water on top of thicker ice.

Water was deeper than my boots, feet stayed dry and were completely submerged. My 10 year Klim freerides also helped.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
EXTREMELY happy with mine...and also with customer service...(what little I've needed at this point).

VERY versatile. Light, warm, comfortable.
My favorite riding boots ever.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I liked mine but my feet did get a little cold once riding around 0 degrees. When you tie them tight they can feel like they are pinching your leg or cut off circulation. The only other complaint i had about them was the laces dont hold up very long. Busted both of them after about 6 rides. Otherwise a great boot, flexability was awesome.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
First ride on mine since i just bought them.Well its the first time this year I came back to the truck with dry feet.Awsome boot very lite and comfortable and never slipped of the tunnel all day.

Sleddogg

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Dayton, WY
Sale

I was going to get a pair on year end blowout sale yesterday, but thought I would ask a few questions first.
I tried them on and it seems that the tongue does not go up very high, I was worried the snow would pack in there and get feet wet. Anyone have experience with this?
Esp when getting unstuck multiple times and stomping in chest deep snow?

Thanks!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I was going to get a pair on year end blowout sale yesterday, but thought I would ask a few questions first.
I tried them on and it seems that the tongue does not go up very high, I was worried the snow would pack in there and get feet wet. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

I've NEVER experienced wet feet with mine. 1st season EVER.

And that includes the TWO days I spent ALL DAY in late Feb digging avalanche pits and doing classes in thigh deep powder on top of 80" base on a field trip with 6th graders.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Love my stompers

Thanks!

I wear my stompers with a pair of motorfists sidehill bibs and rode multiple waist deep powder days without a single problem. There was only one chest deep day for us this year but on that day we were unstickin sleds all day and stayed dry except for the gloves. I think I soaked all 4 pair that day

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My socks were only slighty damp when I got home last Sunday. Didn't notice it until I took my socks off and felt the bottoms of my feet and toes. I had to feel it twice to notice it. LOL

BUT, I would also add that it was 75 degrees and we rode HARD.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i've gotten out for 2 rides with mine and a day of snowshoeing, best boots i've had to date. a little stiff at first as they all are but once they start to set to your ankle/foot they are the most comfortable boots i've had. stayed completely dry all 3 days so far

Premium Features