• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motorfist pants

S
Jan 11, 2008
Northern Alberta
My wife just bougt me some for christmas and said I could trade them in on some Klim ones if I wanted and I know the klim ones are good but never heard of motorfist before. are they as good or better than the klim ones? any one have them?

M
Oct 23, 2009
I got mine a month ago and was worried about them being cold as I am in Mn but they have been excellent and couldn't be any drier, warmer or happier.

J

jbsleds

Feb 15, 2009
Idaho
Warm and dry

I've worn my Rekon bibs 5 times so far. We've been riding in "get stuck, sink to your waist and struggle to get out" powder and they've kept me warm and dry. Temps ranging from 10 - 30 F. I've worn a light base layer in warmer temps, base layer plus fleece pants in colder weather. I am satisfied with them so far. They've added a woman's line and my wife is looking forward to some new bibs next year.

Last edited:
C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I'm on my second season with the jacket and bibs. The jacket has held up well. The bibs on the other hand have stitching that is coming apart in the knees and the leg gators are all but shot. If I dont tape them around the base of my boots The tops of my boots get full of snow. They have kept me warm though.

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
Got my bibs this last summer and they are great....other then the gators are getting all torn up. they do keep me very warm though even in the deep stuff! I ride west mont and it can get pretty bad weather out this way!

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Sidehill bibs

I wore a pair of Motorfist sidehill bibs all season. I stayed warm and dry all season. I did tear a seam at the crotch on the last ride but we were in the thick trees and I think a tree might have caused it. I contacted Motorfist and the said send them in and they'll fix it. I just sent them off so we'll see how their repair looks.

C

CCGR Guide

I wore a pair of Motorfist sidehill bibs all season. I stayed warm and dry all season. I did tear a seam at the crotch on the last ride but we were in the thick trees and I think a tree might have caused it. I contacted Motorfist and the said send them in and they'll fix it. I just sent them off so we'll see how their repair looks.
Like Bowfisher said just send them back if you tear a seam or the gators are coming apart Motorfist is awesome about fixing things right or replacing them. I've had my Rekon gear for one season and couldn't be happier I've had all sorts of other brands and had just gotten used to the fact that getting cold and wet was part of the game, not anymore. I ride Even a few of my buddies that work at Togwotee Mountain Lodge guiding have bought them even though they get Klim stuff for free. It's definitely worth paying the extra money for good gear and customer service!

M
Sep 13, 2008
Two Thumbs up

I have bibs two seasons now and I have stayed warm and dry, I burned a hole in the knee on my exhaust and sent them in to get fixed not under warranty, I just did not want to ride a season with a hole in my knee and they fixed the burn hole and said they found that my bibs were fraying and replaced them under Warranty and picked up the shipping and only charged me 10 dollars to fix the knee.. That is good customer service!!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
That's great service!
Just stumbled on a good deal on a pair of leftover 2011 Rekon pants. Look like good quality and if the eVent is as good as Goretex I'll be happy.
My only gripe is the gaiters look a little chintzy but as said above these can be remedied with a couple wraps of hockey tape if necessary and I couldn't beat the price.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
Love the Carbide pant/bibs. Not as expensive as the Recon bibs but still waterproof and warm.

If your looking for a daily wearer/professional use pant or bib. The recon is no doubt the workhorse in bibs available.

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Any reviews on the 14 Recon Bib? are they even better than the older year models?

I just picked up the 15 model. I tried both the Motorfist Recon and the Klim Togwatee at the Utah Snow show, and the Recon felt better to me.

E

eman0993

Aug 19, 2009
Duluth, MN
Any reviews on the 14 Recon Bib? are they even better than the older year models?

I just picked up the 15 model. I tried both the Motorfist Recon and the Klim Togwatee at the Utah Snow show, and the Recon felt better to me.

Not sure thw difference from 13-14 but my 13 Recons were awesome. Zero issues I think you'll be verg happy with them.

Premium Features