• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor Mounts causing low RPM in Axys Chassis

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
What special tools are needed for this job of changing the mounts? I was not aware of any and I'm getting ready to change mine. Thanks YB

I think he was referring to a clutch puller.

Thanks @Wood!

Yes a Polaris clutch puller and a Polaris clutch alignment tool (good idea to check clutch alignment if you pull one off).

I'd highly recommend them if you plan on owning a Polaris for a while.

However, @TimG changed his out without pulling the primary clutch, eliminating the need for BOTH tools. Thanks for letting us in on this sweet little trick!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yes the Primary puller- Generally everyone should have this- there are cheapo one's out there so be aware.
There is a post on here of a member that changed his mounts with the primary still on- so it's do-able/ but way easier with the primary out of the way- and no cross threading of the hex going back in. Dunno if it's talked about before But I put a dab of blue locktite going back in on the bolts- and 25/ft bls ( isn't much)- could not find the spec's.

Never had one come back with a the bolt backing out- and I have done about 15 sleds now... FWIW

Last edited:

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Yes the Primary puller- Generally everyone should have this- there are cheapo one's out there so be aware.
There is a post on here of a member that changed his mounts with the primary still on- so it's do-able/ but way easier with the primary out of the way- and no cross threading of the hex going back in. Dunno if it's talked about before But I put a dab of blue locktite going back in on the bolts- and 25/ft bls ( isn't much)- could not find the spec's.

Never had one come back with a the bolt backing out- and I have done about 15 sleds now... FWIW

Manual says 40ft lbs for those bolts

chralle

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
north of sweden
Swapped them out for The proride ones on my - 16 sks today

Was in a hurry so i forget take a pic of The New ones installed
but they're sitting much better in The socket
/Christoffer //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a4179f2ea1bd/VID-20171225-WA0007.mp4
bc14e0e0a04607de798875467aa92098.jpg
b7ddbabcca2a1f978d99aef05a1adbbc.jpg

Skickat från min F5321 via Tapatalk

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Sage, Did you see that there is Stroker Customs in Steamboat (Oak Creek) is making mounts out of different durometer material with good success so far. Next time I go over there Skiing I will stop and make face to face with them and pick up a set of mounts. I have contact info if you want it.
gtwitch in wyoming

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Sage, Did you see that there is Stroker Customs in Steamboat (Oak Creek) is making mounts out of different durometer material with good success so far. Next time I go over there Skiing I will stop and make face to face with them and pick up a set of mounts. I have contact info if you want it.
gtwitch in wyoming

Heck just pick me up a set (4) ...if you would be so kind- Like to see what they are all about.- Just let me know where to send the $$:face-icon-small-coo

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
gtwitch in wyoming

Are they the actual engine mounts? Or the auxiliary (factory bandaid) snubbers? If they are the snubbers? Are they actually making them? Or are they selling PRO Ride ones at nearly twice the MSRP? From the photo posted in one of these AXYS motor mount threads, one would swear they are the OEM PRO Ride ones. But I’ve been wrong once or twice. Thanks in Advance!

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
does the primary need to be pulled to replace the front PTO side mount?
It appears the only way to do it is to pull the clutch. I would prefer not to do this if possible

thanks

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
soooo are they custom made mounts or just the pros??? I have ben waiting for some one to step up to the plait and get us a fix for these mounts :D you got me a little excited :D

You can use the Pro Mounts- Been holding up better for me anyway than the 16-18 style.
I think if you look back in this thread, I posted that you don't use all of the older pro mounts, The one on the PTO side front is different that the other 3-so you just order another ( like from the mag rear )

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
new motor mounts again.....

Gents,
I am installing new motor mounts again on my 2017 PRORMK and notice there is a new number listed for the actual mount item #16. (not the snubbers Items 4 & 10)
Does anyone know if this is necessary when changing the rubber snubbers?

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Last edited:
J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
So after all this debates..

What do i need to swap out all of my rubber on my sks800 2016 electric start.. part nr ?

Or should i cross my fingers and hope durapro solves it.

B
Dec 17, 2016
I experienced rough idle and rpm under 8000, would increase briefly when I hit bumps. Replaced motor mounts and solved the problem. 2000 miles on mine

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Anyone got the dimension on the engine mounts in metric from axys and pro?

Messured mine at back of mag and curious if its even worn.. dont look like it and wondering on put silicon between the grooves so they dont collaps just as easy .. aswell will the Silicon flex..

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Anyone got the dimension on the engine mounts in metric from axys and pro?

Messured mine at back of mag and curious if its even worn.. dont look like it and wondering on put silicon between the grooves so they dont collaps just as easy .. aswell will the Silicon flex..

I don't have any X-over for the dimensions Jona$/ and it's been tried that the silicon in the groves is a waste of time as it doesn't stay.
I know this thread has been going on for a bit- but the stock pro mounts 14-15 are working. Lot's of good info from the entire thread

For the price of all 4 mounts it's a no brainier to change all 4 when doing the task- takes less than 1/2 hr start to finish

Premium Features