• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motion Sickness

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
When I was in the Marines we would go in for a flight physical and the flight surgeon would always ask if you could Valsalva (pop your ears) apparently there is a link between being able to do this and motion sickness.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Quit riding and give me your sled :face-icon-small-blu

On a serious note, my nurse wife suggests the patch that was mentioned above.

Best of luck to you.

S
Feb 19, 2013
When I was in the Marines we would go in for a flight physical and the flight surgeon would always ask if you could Valsalva (pop your ears) apparently there is a link between being able to do this and motion sickness.

So somewhat related to this post, my wife used to get terrible motion sickness in the usual ways (boat, car, plane, etc). She recently went to a chiropractor and within a couple of adjustments she felt pressure relieved (similar to popping the ears) and doesn't get the motion sickness nearly as bad now. She still gets it occasionally, but it's very mild compared to what it was. I'm not a huge alternative medicine voodoo supporter, but it worked for her. Not sure if you've tried it before but it could be worth a shot. Hope you get it solved!

M
Jan 6, 2020
Does anyone else out there get motion sick riding?
I do and its to the point where if I don't find a cure, or someway to ride without throwing up on a regular basis I will have to find another hobby.
Any ideas what to try or take? Elevation has no effect as I feel equally ****ty riding at home or out west.
I get it too I would like to find something that I really enjoy going up don't want to give it up

T
Are you sure it is motion sickness and not an inner ear problem? My wife and I have both experienced an inner ear problem where it required a physical therapist to move your neck and head to reset the inner ear. Mine was about 10 years ago and my wife's was just this fall. She would get very dizzy and nauseated. Mine was just dizziness. I thought the doctor was crazy when he told me about this. But 5 minutes with the PT and I was cured. Weirdest thing I ever had happen. My wife is good now too.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I have battled motion sickness while sledding for years.

Finally realized a correlation to whether or not much for breakfast.
I don't usually get much breakfast, but it seems that when sledding - I may end up with more than normal.

So I cut that back down again.

Also a big correlation as to whether was stuck on trails (rough or not) or if unloaded right at the snow and "offtrailed" only.
Offtrail = not much of an issue, but the constant rolling (or moguls) on a trail were much more an issue.

Also - started taking several Dramamine (Gravel for Canucks)
Last week I took 2 when I got up, and 2 after I ate.
We would hit the snow more like brunch time, so - we would be riding 'till supper, so couldn't hardly skip breakfast altogether.
Had jerky in the sled.

Never got any hint of sickness at all - all week.
It was REALLY nice to not have to deal with THAT!

I think that I found the recipe as we hit a lot of moguled trails at times.

Premium Features