• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More Caribou Closure

zal

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta and Northern BC
As you may or may not know, the BC govt is shutting down huge areas in the South Peace for Caribou. As we all know, something should be done to protect the animal. What is unfortunate is that the stake holders in these areas were somewhat consulted and their recommendations were not taken. What does this mean to you? Well, that means these areas will be shut down to recreation (summer and winter) and to industry. What is detrimental is that these smaller towns (Tumbler Ridge, Chetwynd, Mackenzie, Dawson Creek) who rely on tourism, recreation and industry will take a huge hit....one that could potentially cripple the towns. The areas that will be shutting down are Tumbler Ridge, Pine Pass and Moberly areas.
If you’re passionate about camping, exploring with atvs, boating, snowmobiling, going out and enjoying nature with your family, etc, I ask that you fill out the public consultation and pass it to your friends and family.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I just went through the questionnaire, thank you for posting this. They sure don't make it easy to get through this without intimate knowledge of the areas.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Man that @#$%in really sucks. I grew up in PG and rode sleds all over the mentioned areas for years. Complete bullshit. I gave em my what for on the questionire. I live in Terrace now but I still go there to ride once in awhile. Good luck

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I've ridden these areas since 1995 when my Dad started taking me up into the Pinepass. Now my Sons are starting to ride and its being taken away from the third generation. Its not just a portion or a few areas being limited. Its basically everything! No riding over 1300m. Complete and utter disappointment to say the least. Please feel free to fill out the survey/feedback program. I'm certain its too late... but who knows? engage.gov.bc.ca/caribou/

Premium Features