models with NO OEM pull start mechanism

Rick E

Nov 16, 2016
This thread is of no real importance.... but I thought that I'd ask a question regarding a '13 800R E-tech 154 X that was absent a pull start.

I looked at a '13 800R E-tech the other day. It was fitted with electric start, but did not offer a manual pull start.
The right side panel did not even offer the area for the pull start handle.

Question: what was the reasoning behind this?

Rick E.

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
This thread is of no real importance.... but I thought that I'd ask a question regarding a '13 800R E-tech 154 X that was absent a pull start.

Question: what was the reasoning ?
Rick E.
Minimal weight savings, and of course $$$ saved by not installing pull start port, every lb. matters, apparently.

treeboy

Jan 12, 2010
BC
Reason!!! BRP IS BEING CHEAP....
Any sled I get that has e start I install a pull start. Think i want to carry jumper cables or a battery pac around for just in case. Even my snowbike has both.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They could be pull started with a rope but it seems like you would have to leave the clutch cover off for the day. Don't see that going well with engine running.

08skidoo800

Dec 26, 2010
hey guys i have ran into this same issue with my 13 summit etec with estart only. last year before riding in -25C it wouldnt start and pull start would have been great to have. Did you buy a "kit" from skidoo or just source each part or buy aftermarket? happy riding, snow is falling in BC Canada now!

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
A dealer can install a recoil on your sled for around $275. Or buy the parts and install yourself for less. Not too hard of a project but worth it for a backup starting method. I know from experience.

Premium Features