• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MOD Skis Website

A
Jan 16, 2008
Anyone know whats up with MODSMFG.com. Trying to get a price on their skis and possibly order a pair but it doesn't seem like the company exists anymore. Anybody have some insite? or know where i can order a set.

L

ledoo

Dec 8, 2007
the guy at tracks canada sells them talking to him today about a track he says 410 with reg wear bars 450 with carbides. as far as the mod skies website in us goes may just be temp issues www.modsskis.com

Last edited:
S
Aug 21, 2001
Grantsburg,Wis
Anyone know whats up with MODSMFG.com. Trying to get a price on their skis and possibly order a pair but it doesn't seem like the company exists anymore. Anybody have some insite? or know where i can order a set.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or PM me.
If you call during the day, call 715-222-9215
If you want to call during the evening, call 1-866-417-MODS (6637)

Last edited:
C
Apr 9, 2008
Castlegar, BC
Hey Lance
I'm trying to make my sled more stable on edge in lower snow conditions. From the pictures I've seen it looks like the tail of your skis step up. I know you will have a little bias;) but it seems that would help the sleds tendancy to flop back down. Can you really tell a difference on edge vs stock?

S
Aug 21, 2001
Grantsburg,Wis
Mods

Hey Lance
I'm trying to make my sled more stable on edge in lower snow conditions. From the pictures I've seen it looks like the tail of your skis step up. I know you will have a little bias;) but it seems that would help the sleds tendancy to flop back down. Can you really tell a difference on edge vs stock?

Well before I bought the biz (MODS) I used to run stock pilots and hated them, then I went to Simmons and they were deffinately better than stock.
Then I got the MODS and to me, it was night and day difference between the MODS and the Simmons.( Not down talking my competitor,good ski also)
MODS take very little upper body strength (so you dont get tired out) to turn, fast or slow. They float, carve and sidehill awesome.

If you look around on here and Dootalk, there is ALOT of very good feedback on my MODS.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Power steering

I ran MODS on my sleds back when it was run from Sicamous - Mike Olde was the inventor and proprieter in those days. When the business was sold to Lance - there was no dealer up here for a bit. In that time, I tried Simmons, C&A's, and slydogs - always felt they should work better. Tracks Canada started to carry them, and they are back on my sled - which is now an M1000. USI triple threat skis are also good in my book, and they are more flexible then the MODS - which use an aluminum bridge and a ski "skin" - similar to the ekholm skis of years past, but nothing will hold a sidehill or carve like MODS in my book. The stiffness of the ski makes it easier to free a stuck sled, too. Just my humble opinion. If anyone wants info - feel free to PM me - no bias, no BS. (I've also got 2 sets of dogs and a set of C&A's for sale - the simmons are sold)

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I've said it before, but I really liked the MODS on my Rev.

I also ran Slydogs and Simmons, and the MODS worked and felt the best to me.

Lance is even designing/building a saddle that will work for the Nytro, since I didn't want to have to give up the skis going to yamaha.

Lance has been great with support and great with communication. Emails or call backs, etc.
And has an awesome ski. :)

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or PM me.
If you call during the day, call 715-222-9215
If you want to call during the evening, call 1-866-417-MODS (6637)

Ran MODS for years now. Great skiis!

Need a new skin and believe I heard there was a dealer in Sweden but cant seem to find him. Any info?

Rune,
Norway

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
Apex input??

Do you make a wider set for an Apex....8 or 9" wide with same design features? I'm afraid with the narrower ski it will plow more when coming off jumps and on the bottomless days. I run Simons Gen 2 with some modifications that do ok but have always wanted to try a set of your ski's! I have some Canadian buddies who swear by them!
Have you or do you know anyone who can give an honest opinion on these ski's on the heavy nosed Apex?

Premium Features