• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mission gooseneck snowmobile trailer. An alternative to trails west and charmac.

gqapex

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
I just picked up my new all aluminum Gooseneck snowmobile the other day. I've been looking for awhile and finally chose this one for many reasons. I just thought I would share it for those who are considering purchasing the trails west or charmac trailers. The quality in this trailer is top notch. It's super lite and pulls better than the charmac and a little better than the trails west. The doors all shut nice and tight no huge gaps like the trails west doors. I have 2 tracks running down the trailer floor for adjustable tie downs. 1000 watt Kicker Stereo system. That really rocks.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I would love to see pics. Where did u buy it and how much?

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
good looking trailer! i like how the lower edge of the trailer slopes to the wheels.

have you not had good experience pulling a charmac? i had a TW and it pulled alright but after i hooked up to a charmac and pulled it i was sold.

do you know what it weights? what axles are under it?

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
Trailer

Alcom started in maine thats where i got to know them
we hauled several loads ot them to alberta, now they
have siou falls and a plant in bonner mt, i have looked
them over close they look like a dam good trailer.

gqapex

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
good looking trailer! i like how the lower edge of the trailer slopes to the wheels.

have you not had good experience pulling a charmac? i had a TW and it pulled alright but after i hooked up to a charmac and pulled it i was sold.

do you know what it weights? what axles are under it?

I don't have any problems with the bumper pull charmacs. I pulled several different ones on the gooseneck ones and they all jerked the whole time even loaded and empty. I was going to have to buy a $900 dollar shocker hitch to smooth out the ride. I was going to still buy the charmac until I stumbled upon this one. And loved the fact it was aluminum. While it did not have all the options I wanted I didn't want to wait a couple more months to get my trailer so I bought the one they had in stock. The trailer weighs right around 5000 lbs empty, Which is great you don't even know its back there when your pulling it. The other cool thing is watching how much the truck don't drop when you let the trailer down on the hitch. It has 7000 lbs axels under it.

Knox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2010
North Dakota
Did you custom order it with the heater and the stereo? Also curious as to the heater setup what kind of heater and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I ask because I own a tw and not impressed with the heating system mainly in it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gqapex

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
Yes it is a custom order. It has a 35000 btu furnace in it right now but I'm planning on putting a 60000 btu house furnace in it in a month or so. It heats them up so fast is crazy and they have a bigger fan in them to circulate the air better. I paid 29 k for how it sits right now.

Premium Features