• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Minnesota to revy

F
Apr 5, 2009
Were thinking about going to revy in 2019 for the first time. Guys that have been there from MN what's the best way to get there? Stay in the states more or go into Canada closer to MN? How are the boarder people? I know how they are going with boats but never been across with an enclosed trailer. Also where's a good place to stay? We like having one cabin for all of us would be a group of 12 and have some room to move around. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Thanks though there was a thread but couldn't find it.

Make sure on the lower left of the main MN page you have the "shows threads" set to the "beginning" and not just the last 75 days or whatever the default is. This thread was only 2 threads below your new one but if your "show threads" is set funny you can't see any of the older threads. It defaults back to that strange 75 posts thing every once and awhile.

F
Apr 5, 2009
Make sure on the lower left of the main MN page you have the "shows threads" set to the "beginning" and not just the last 75 days or whatever the default is. This thread was only 2 threads below your new one but if your "show threads" is set funny you can't see any of the older threads. It defaults back to that strange 75 posts thing every once and awhile.

Ok yea could only see one thread

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Fastest way for me is thru warroad to Winnipeg. As anyother route I would have to travel south some to go back north. Have done this twice now and came back thru Idaho and hwy 2 both times also as we had an extra day to get home.
Stayed at glacier house the one time. Would recommend it. I think they have cabins too.
Seems pretty far out planning...can't go wrong with the current exchange rate and fuel isn't 4$ right now.

F
Apr 5, 2009
Fastest way for me is thru warroad to Winnipeg. As anyother route I would have to travel south some to go back north. Have done this twice now and came back thru Idaho and hwy 2 both times also as we had an extra day to get home.
Stayed at glacier house the one time. Would recommend it. I think they have cabins too.
Seems pretty far out planning...can't go wrong with the current exchange rate and fuel isn't 4$ right now.

Yes it's far out planning but there's a couple guys that like to procrastinate. And if we can get the numbers and all info gathered now we can have an idea of what it'll cost and so on to.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BC - Bring Cash!

Last year I brought very little cash (for a sled trip) and a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. Put everything but a couple fast food stops on the card that way I got the exchange rate on every purchase. The trip before a few of the gas stations even would not give the exchange rate for cash. And last trip one of the fast food places wouldn't either. So now I use the card for the entire trip. At 30%+ it makes a big difference over an entire trip.

LOL, I already have two trips to BC booked for next year. We pretty much always have all of our out west trips booked before the end of the summer and then maybe mix in one more last minute trip. But for any of the more popular destinations (ie Grizzly Lodge) it seems you need to book out that far if your schedule is not that flexible. It's much nicer if you can last minute everything to chase the good snow but we have had pretty good luck over the years catching good riding.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It just means it's expensive, that's all. Credit cards will work out better in the long run as most places in Revy will only exchange at par.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It just means it's expensive, that's all. Credit cards will work out better in the long run as most places in Revy will only exchange at par.

LOL, I figured that's what you were getting at.

But with that favorable exchange rate our week trip to BC was cheaper then our week trip to Wyoming by about $100 last winter. Granted we had 20 hours more drive time to BC. But even with the extra fuel costs that 30% off the top sure adds up fast.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Last year I brought very little cash (for a sled trip) and a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. Put everything but a couple fast food stops on the card that way I got the exchange rate on every purchase. The trip before a few of the gas stations even would not give the exchange rate for cash. And last trip one of the fast food places wouldn't either. So now I use the card for the entire trip. At 30%+ it makes a big difference over an entire trip.

LOL, I already have two trips to BC booked for next year. We pretty much always have all of our out west trips booked before the end of the summer and then maybe mix in one more last minute trip. But for any of the more popular destinations (ie Grizzly Lodge) it seems you need to book out that far if your schedule is not that flexible. It's much nicer if you can last minute everything to chase the good snow but we have had pretty good luck over the years catching good riding.
Yes, but do you have a spot at Hay Days reserved for this fall?:face-icon-small-coo
My kid and his buddies have three spots. Just under eleven weeks to go!:)

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yes, but do you have a spot at Hay Days reserved for this fall?:face-icon-small-coo
My kid and his buddies have three spots. Just under eleven weeks to go!:)

LOL, I never reserve a spot at Haydays. It's only 30 mins from the house so I just go out there Saturday morning first thing. Wonder around and see some friends and the new stuff then head back home in the afternoon. Sometimes I'll head over on Friday afternoon depending on who is around and sometimes I head back out Sunday if need be.

Are you going to be out there with them? If so we should catch up!

And yes the countdown is on!!!!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
LOL, I never reserve a spot at Haydays. It's only 30 mins from the house so I just go out there Saturday morning first thing. Wonder around and see some friends and the new stuff then head back home in the afternoon. Sometimes I'll head over on Friday afternoon depending on who is around and sometimes I head back out Sunday if need be.

Are you going to be out there with them? If so we should catch up!

And yes the countdown is on!!!!
Yes we should hook up! My kid and his friends get there Friday night and stay the weekend. I will show up on Saturday for the day. Two of my kids friends are from I-Falls. Both engineers now. One works in Maple Grove, MN and the other recently went to work for Polaris in Roseau, MN. Hope to get some of the latest rumors from them. We do normally get some pretty good info at Snowcross in Duluth on Thanksgiving weekend as far as Polaris/Cat goes for the new sleds. But so does everyone else :face-icon-small-coo

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yes we should hook up! My kid and his friends get there Friday night and stay the weekend. I will show up on Saturday for the day. Two of my kids friends are from I-Falls. Both engineers now. One works in Maple Grove, MN and the other recently went to work for Polaris in Roseau, MN. Hope to get some of the latest rumors from them. We do normally get some pretty good info at Snowcross in Duluth on Thanksgiving weekend as far as Polaris/Cat goes for the new sleds. But so does everyone else :face-icon-small-coo

It's always nice to have guys on the inside. :face-icon-small-win

What sucks is when you see/hear something new but can't share it at the time.

Premium Features