• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Minneapolis (aka Chicago West) is burning

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
The quintessential conservative response when anyone discusses white privilege. “I work hard for my junk, no one works harder than me, and the term white privilege tries to de-value my life of hard work. I feel attacked.”

Relax...no safe space needed...The phrase has nothing to do with that....it’s not about you.

Phrases like "White Privilege" serve no purpose other than to divide. Not part of my vocabulary.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
If I were inside my home or business as these terrorists attacked it I can honestly say that I wouldn't think twice about using lethal force to protect my property. Regardless of the skin color of said terrorist.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
A very interesting post from a LEO...

I posted this on my personal page - it was suggested I share it here as well - I'm sure it'll piss some of you off, but that is not my intent!
I have been off Facebook for the past week and I initially wasn't going to comment on the handling of George Floyd's arrest. But after reading some posts saying there is "more to the story" or "wait till all the facts come out" - I can't keep my mouth shut.
I am probably one of the last people to rush to judgement, especially involving a split second deadly force decision. I've been in that situation more than once over my career. I have also been in the situation we are all now extremely familiar with - more times than I can remember. A low level event where the suspect refuses to get in the car - stiffens up, pushes back, drops to the ground, wriggles around - it's a very annoying dance, but we train for how to handle this and it really isn't a big deal, it happens all the time.
I watched the initial cell video, then other videos which provided more overall context and I read the probable cause affidavit after Chauvin's arrest. What I saw in the videos was a routine, low level arrest.
This event was NOT a split second decision. What I saw was cringe-worthy - repeatedly yelling at Floyd to "Get up and get in the car" while pinning him down made me shake my head and the first indication that this was not going to go well. Over the next 8 minutes I didn't see anything at all that justified continuing to hold Floyd face down on the ground with a knee on his neck - that is a bad tactic to begin with - some claim they were taught this - I never was.
Over the past 10-15 years in particular there has been tons of research and training about excited delirium, positional asphyxia and how to mitigate in custody medical problems. If this was Backwater USA, I could perhaps believe such things had never been heard of. But this is Minneapolis and the fact that one of the junior officers suggests moving Floyd onto his side because he's concerned about excited delirium sent up a huge red flag. When Chauvin refused to do so while continuing to kneel on Floyd's neck that was the turning point from poor tactics to negligent, reckless behavior. Floyd could have been easily put on his side - which is what you are supposed to do - without losing physical control of him, if that even was truly a concern. There is no excuse for continuing to restrain him in that position for that extended period of time.
The lack of immediate reaction when he becomes unresponsive and then has no pulse is completely inexcusable. Period.
Do I believe there was an intent to kill Mr. Floyd? No I don't. But I do believe Chauvin, as the 19 year veteran, was reckless and negligent - he should have been the one taking the lead and showing the younger officers the right way to do things instead of driving the bus right off the cliff. There is no reason whatsoever things had to go this way. None. He is now being held accountable for his actions, why that is still not enough for some is a separate debate I'm not interested in having here.
My educated guess is that Mr. Floyd had an underlying medical condition which was triggered or made worse by being restrained face down for an extended period. Had the officers taken some basic steps and made an effort to address the concern of excited delirium (whether he was experiencing it or not), the claims of not being able to breathe, and showing some basic compassion, may not have prevented his death, but it would be a lot less likely cities across the country would be in flames and with 800,000 cops who had nothing to do with this incident taking the rap for it.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Anyone want to tackle drew how continuing to hold the man in the position that was causing him distress for minutes after he had no pulse doesn’t show an intent to kill? Or at minimum....no care for if he dies?

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Anyone want to tackle drew how continuing to hold the man in the position that was causing him distress for minutes after he had no pulse doesn’t show an intent to kill? Or at minimum....no care for if he dies?

Go ahead, we’ll listen. After all, you’re the smart one with all the answers.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Is the season open for hunting looters?
Sure dude. Go out and take matters into your own hands. Be another statistic of an irresponsible gun owner who can't control his impulses.

Sorry nothing interesting happens in South Dakota. Must be boring up there. Beat your meat, not a protester.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Nice flip flops.

I like this photo better

sandra-huey-2-1024x576.jpg

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
16 dead this past weekend in chicago, where is the outrage from the black community? yet they are willing to burn down cities from an officer related death. pretty much each episode of 48hrs is another black on black crime over an argument/drug deal/territory but somehow they do not protest about it.

Premium Features