• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mies Outland buys Bristows

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
No!!!!! I used to work at bristows and still got amazing deals on new machines and parts. Kiss that good bye..... Better make a run in there soon and see if I can get some discount stuff quick.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
No!!!!! I used to work at bristows and still got amazing deals on new machines and parts. Kiss that good bye..... Better make a run in there soon and see if I can get some discount stuff quick.

The rumor I'm hearing is they are already closed and Mies is moving in to that building. Not sure if it's true. Maybe you'll have to head down there and investigate for us.

Here is more on the story:
http://wjon.com/mies-outland-aquiring-bristows-mike-bristow-retiring/

I'll be honest I don't deal with either much as I have Northway Sports right down the road from me and their owner Dan is one of the greatest guys to deal with on anything I ever need for my Polaris stuff.

Kind of makes it sound like Mies "Polaris" operations is going to move into Bristow's building on Hwy 10 but I have not heard if they are going to stay in Watkins also or just keep the Deere stuff at that loaction.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Did a little investigation. According to the office gal they will be owned as Bristows through the end of June. So they should stay open until they make the switch July 1. Hopefully they keep the same discounts in the computers when they open as Mies :pray2:

R
Feb 14, 2014
Foley MN
Best f&%$ing news all year. Bristows was terrible. They may have been better in the past but as if late (8-10 years) they are just awful.

I would drive past Bristows 60 miles to Mies to have the sled that I bought from Bristows warrantied.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
I'm just happy I made it in there and got a klim jacket half off. Got a bunch of ves oil for $15 cheaper a gallon. I admit they had terrible service for quite some time but I liked being able to walk behind the counter and grab my stuff and my discount haha. I'm running out of places I have those liberties at

Premium Features