• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Midwest Mountain Riders Group ..new page for us flatlanders settin' trips up out west

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Posting this with Dunatic's permission ..

Finally got around to creating a page on facebook that I've had rollin' around in my head for a long time. . ..a page for us midwest flatlanders to connect up with other riders when someone drops out of your trip, or ya have a seat open up and ya need to fill it. .. ..a place to advertise yer dates, where your going, and letting eveyone know what kinda riders ya want going with you- you know . .drinkin' or not, hills and climbing or trees and meadows, avvy trained, what gear they have, riding experience, etc.. ..the kind of stuff your going to want to know about someone you don't know and your life could depend on- . .. .. I've done this the past 3 years or so with guys from here off of Snowest and had some pretty good trips and met some pretty kool guys .. but I think there's a lot more riders out there using FB nowadays that may find riders there faster and easier. . . . so . . if ya agree then go ahead and send a request to join and if ya already have a trip planned and have a seat open then post that info up and pray for snow like Buffalo got! . . .thanks guys n gals..

Johnny

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MidwestMountainRiders/

Last edited:

kcZ

Lifetime Membership
Oct 1, 2014
I was interested until i saw Facebook :(

I'll check it out with the wife's FB account tonight. I refuse to sign up. I signed up for LinkedIn in order to find an old acquaintance of mine (which did not pah out anyway) and I'm bombarded with emails from LinkedIn now.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
I understand about linkedin .. I've heard some horror stories ..ha. . I guess with facebook it's how you have it set up . .I don't get anything except notifications for people who I've selected to get notifications about with my page . .I try to keep my account pretty locked down as much as possible . .nothings public, friends only can see posts, etc. ..
.. .and one thing I want to try to do is chek everyones profile real quick that asks to join and if I didnt see something snowmachine related I'd ask why they wanted to join . .that may not be realistic as it grows and more people join but I'd like it to to be as much as possible a page strictly for guys and ladies who like to ride and need another rider. . and keep out the maroons who join every page they see that comes along and then posts stupid crap about nothing to do with headin' west . .
. . ..

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
I think this is a great idea. Facebook is what folks make of it, if you want attention it will give you attention. If you want to be left alone (as I do) it will leave you alone. Back to the topic, we are planning a trip out to the snowys and might have a problem filling all the spots in the truck and trailer. If that's the case this page is where I will go.

Thanks again.

This should be a sticky!

Last edited:

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I like the idea too. Like others have said, I'm not a big Facebook fan either. I do have a page but have never filled anything out and don't "friend" people.

For something like this, I would probably look into the Facebook thing ab it more.

I have had some good and bad experiences when friend(s) of a friend tag along on the trip. I think if you could get to know a little more about a person before a fairly big deal like a trip would be pretty beneficial.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
MJA. . .did you get a chance to join? .. ..I've had quite a few join up this past week and reading back thru this thought I'd chek and ask ya to do so if ya hadn't. .see if ya can find someone if your needing a seat filled . .
..and Dirty ..same to you . . just wanted to bring this back up and chek in . . .. .Mike Duffy has made a post or two on avvy classes and conditons so that's added good info to the group...

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
it's been a couple weeks and wanted to bring this back up topside .. .got over 80 guys onboard and starting to get some guys with trip info up .. if ya haven't joined I'd ask ya to go to the page and chek it out . .thanks . .

Johnny

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Bringing this back up .. .had a few ladies sign on without any snowmobing pics in their profiles . .I know there's one member that uses his wifes profile so assume these must be the same kinda thing . .c'mon guys. . .stop hidin' in the ladies skirts. . ..come outta the cold and getcher own page . .. .. . . . .. just kiddin . . . . . . ... a little . ... ha. .

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Just a quick post to bring this back to the top. ..probably 240 guys on board now and it's coming into the season so if you haven't already liked the page and your planning a trip and like many of us always looking for another body to fill the rig ..make use of it and if nothing else ya make some new acquaintances ...thanks for looking fellas. .

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Back up. ..had a few requests that come from profiles with nothing snow related on'em and when we send a message asking if the individual rides out west and get no response we don't add you to the page.. ...if that's anyone here .. chek your messages and respond and we'll sign ya on . . .hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving..

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
One week til Christmas and it's snowin' like Al Gore died ....just wanted to bring this back to the top. ..Have a great Holidays everybody!

Premium Features