• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MI DNR to start heavy Sound Meter Testing

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
No tickets to be issued at the sound test as started above.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The tests at the locations stated above weren't meant to be issuing citations. They were open to allow riders to get their machines tested so that they could avoid tickets.

R
Jan 26, 2016
You want to come over to my place and test my machine then?

As for the men that were ticketed, they were not issued citations for their exhaust systems. They were issues tickets for not having a MI trail sticker on their sleds. As for the little box I saw the officer holding and the reving I still didn't get an answer on. So from my point of view it looked like tickets for exhaust but in actuality it was for no trail permits. For that assumption I am sorry to you guys as I was not trying to start a big rant and rave about law enforcement especially since I have friends and family in law enforcement.

Have fun and be safe out there especially with this being I-500 Week. You will find me at the track all week and weekend, look for the SnoWest banner on my Super Duty flying around.

Thank you for clarifying and looking into it further. I respect everyone has an opinion and some will differ. Not looking forward to the warm up this weekend. ( Rain Friday grrrrr )

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Yeah I'm not looking forward to this week's warm up either. Just got my 900 running great and bought the little lady a machine. Would like to go out and enjoy them but it's looking like that's out of the question this weekend.

Premium Features