• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

<<<<MEMBER QUESTION: Which do YOU prefer, DARK or LIGHT Theme

Dark or Light Theme

• DARK THEME

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • LIGHT THEME

Votes: 80 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Light for me! I'm surprised it's not "light" by a landslide; not just because I couldn't stand the "dark" theme when they opened the new forum, but it seemed like everyone was complaining. I found it harder to read and would say it strained my eyes. To each his own though – as long as there's an option to stick with the light side.
So far as I can tell, there is NO RYME or REASON for what people prefer...

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
It is funny that there seems to be equal comments saying "the dark/light is hard on my eyes." I don't generally use my computer or phone in a dark room – always heard that causes more eye strain, but who knows. Maybe now we know who's reading in a dark room and who's in a lit room?

Oh yeah, just to confirm, if the choice is "dark," that just means the default right? Us rebels can still switch to "light?"

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It is funny that there seems to be equal comments saying "the dark/light is hard on my eyes." I don't generally use my computer or phone in a dark room – always heard that causes more eye strain, but who knows. Maybe now we know who's reading in a dark room and who's in a lit room?

Oh yeah, just to confirm, if the choice is "dark," that just means the default right? Us rebels can still switch to "light?"
EXACTLY
All I am doing here is determining what you see BEFORE YOU LOG IN as the general forum default.
Once you log into YOUR ACCOUNT, your own user preferences will kick in and OVER-RIDE the default!

Premium Features