• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

McCall

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Just got back from McCall. Snow is sick. You just need to know where to ride. Call CM Backcountry and hire Cody Monroe to guide you around. Not only will he get you into the good spots, you'll see what a sled is really capable of. He is a lot of fun and well worth the money!

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Just got back from McCall. Snow is sick. You just need to know where to ride. Call CM Backcountry and hire Cody Monroe to guide you around. Not only will he get you into the good spots, you'll see what a sled is really capable of. He is a lot of fun and well worth the money!

Nice. Heading there on Wednesday. Will hit them up

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Snow is pretty good now, but the parking lots are an absolute ZOO on weekends!!!

Us locals know how important it is to park correctly in the lots, and the out-of-staters (especially Oregon & Washington) are killing us. This is not meant to be offensive, BTW . . . it's just a matter of fact. If parked right, we can get almost twice as many rigs in the lots, but it only takes a few to start things off wrong and it really becomes a massive problem.

Please, Please, PLEASE, if you come ride in the McCall area, be aware of making the best use of space in the lots so ALL of us get a place to park.

IN titus lot, traffic pattern is counter clockwise. Start parking at the North end (by the restroom). Park rigs end to end (can get at least 2 in each line - sometimes 3 if they are shorter). Pull your truck up close to the rear of the trailer in front of you (leave no more than 4-5 ft space). Leave no more than 5 ft between sides of trailers. Sled decks park end to end on the east side of the lot and at the south end.

We hope to create a graphic to post on here to help all understand what works best.

If everyone will think of the other person, we will all have a nice place to park and ride.

Cheers to riding in McCall!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Snow is pretty good now, but the parking lots are an absolute ZOO on weekends!!!

Us locals know how important it is to park correctly in the lots, and the out-of-staters (especially Oregon & Washington) are killing us. This is not meant to be offensive, BTW . . . it's just a matter of fact. If parked right, we can get almost twice as many rigs in the lots, but it only takes a few to start things off wrong and it really becomes a massive problem.

Please, Please, PLEASE, if you come ride in the McCall area, be aware of making the best use of space in the lots so ALL of us get a place to park.

IN titus lot, traffic pattern is counter clockwise. Start parking at the North end (by the restroom). Park rigs end to end (can get at least 2 in each line - sometimes 3 if they are shorter). Pull your truck up close to the rear of the trailer in front of you (leave no more than 4-5 ft space). Leave no more than 5 ft between sides of trailers. Sled decks park end to end on the east side of the lot and at the south end.

We hope to create a graphic to post on here to help all understand what works best.

If everyone will think of the other person, we will all have a nice place to park and ride.

Cheers to riding in McCall!!!!

I was lucky to get to Titus EARLY that weekend we were there on a Friday. We were the first group in before 9:00. It was about empty when we returned. But judging from the tracks, it was a zoo.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Us locals know how important it is to park correctly in the lots, and the out-of-staters (especially Oregon & Washington) are killing us.

I'm from Idaho...

Oregon and Washington riders are too used to dealing the cross country skiers who think taking 4-5 spots with their Prius is perfectly normal. 4 skiers can use up most of a lot and not leave room for trailers.

I hear you on utilizing lot space, but Idaho plated rigs aren't always magic either.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I hear you on utilizing lot space, but Idaho plated rigs aren't always magic either.

That is true. Some of the folks from the valley are some of the worst offenders. It really boils down to everyone thinking of the other person and how best to make room for the maximum amount of people to have a place to park. As i mentioned in the first post, if all will follow those basic parking suggestions, it will be much more efficient.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
We had a fair size group one day on a trip to Mt. St. Helens.

Fricken skiers intentionally plugged the multi-use lot and left their skier only lot empty which trailers can't use.

We utilized enough guys to push the cars closer together so we could park. Not always possible, but fun when it works.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
NICE!!!

If only trucks and trailers were that easy to move . . .WE would be doing this in McCall parking lots as well :)

Premium Features