• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Matryx upper idler spacing - Narrower than Axys

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Any speculation why the upper rear idlers are set narrower on some models than all previous Polaris skids? (Photos are hard to find)

Attachments

• Matryx idler 2.JPG
    Matryx idler 2.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
It didn't appear that all models had gone that route yet.

I’m wondering if it will be 3.5 pitch sleds.

(The 2 prototypes i saw that had skinny idlers were 3.5 pitch)

The 3” pitch prototype had old style wide wheels.

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I think it's to help keep the ice and snow from forming by the brackets for the rear suspension.

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I'm only speculating as I don't have all optioned sleds in front of me to compare.

Is this narrow idler setting on series 8 tracks? This would align these idlers with the rear wheels for tension through the track. I'm curious if the "softer" compound of the series 8 bowed the track where it rolled over these upper idlers so they had to move them in to keep the track "flatter" while in rotation.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
All the small improvements matter, and add up. Doo's spindle and snubber changes, as convoluted as they were initially marketed, were a nice improvement (really, not just pandering to the doo-riding-gotta-slam-the-poos crowd). We all recognize the advantage of shorter tunnels. Rear skid on the summit hasn't changed since the XS, has it? Some doo riders love it, others invest in lockouts, but there's a real opportunity for OEM changes there. Different sleds, different handling, different riders. Maybe poo nailed the cooler thing. Next nag - poo could address the gripper ski stoppers - assuming they haven't changed and shut up about it, of course.

Premium Features