• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx RMK

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Well, shoot. I guess that is our first preview of what our mountain sled will be next year. Quick, folks, get soem seat time on it so I know if I need to buy the last of the AXYS chassis sleds this year or if I hold off for one of these.

T
Nov 11, 2008
Well, shoot. I guess that is our first preview of what our mountain sled will be next year. Quick, folks, get soem seat time on it so I know if I need to buy the last of the AXYS chassis sleds this year or if I hold off for one of these.

If wait for the new motor coming in the mountain sleds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana

That sled still has the original Assault rear suspension in it, and the trail sled steering post, so there is more to improve to make it more like an rmk. I think the running boards also sit lower so maybe something like those old skinz adjustable boards from the Pro-ride sleds would work to raise them up

My theory is that the panels will be different on the RMK versions. That upper gray section on this sled is actually a separate piece from the rest of the panel. On the trail sleds it seems kind of flared out like a wind deflector, I'm betting that it will be different on the mountain sleds to give it a narrower feel.

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
looks like the brake is moved to the drive shaft, where it should of been in the first place. But its a confusing picture....looks like a starter on top of it and i cant seem to see either a chain case or belt drive so what gives. More pics would be great!!

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Is it just me? Or did every sled in the Matryx platform GAIN weight vs their Axys sisters?
I really wanted a 650 RMK Matryx with the QD2 and series 8...
Maybe next year :)
Do you have an 850 now? Would the 650 be your primary sled? I'm leaning towards a 650 as well just wondering your reasoning.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Yup, have an 850 / 155 / 2.6. Love it, has TRS clutching and SLP cooker can (cuz who doesn't like a hot lunch?):coffee:
Honestly these new sleds in the 160 hp + class perform sooooo amazingly well these days, that to really push them to their limits, means you need to venture into
more and more dangerous terrain. I've been buried once, that's enough for a lifetime lol. I put a Snowbike together for last season, the thing was a gas. Turned an area you'd go full throttle
through on a sled, into an all day playground. Would imagine there would be some of that factor at play on the 650 as well.
That, and really, the 650 is reportedly about the 135 hp mark? I had a '13 Pro 600 155, and that thing was a blast to play around on, the 650 be that much better yet.

Of course, all this is for my purposes, and skill level of riding, certainly don't speak for the masses. Oh and yes, it would be my primary sled..

C
Jan 13, 2009
Coalville, Ut
They did figure out an alternative to SHOT, surprisingly. I thought it would be impossible with semi-direct, but they rock the crank back and forth to push the fuel into the cylinder. It'll be out in 2022, likely along with the removable battery/key for the first start of the day. I'm also guessing mountain sleds will have a tether and no standard key. You didn't hear this from me.

No front cooler needed, just a finned design for more efficient cooling. Their current cooling setup didn't have much thought put into it...
Tuneman, I hope you are correct!

C
Nov 19, 2009
looks like the brake is moved to the drive shaft, where it should of been in the first place. But its a confusing picture....looks like a starter on top of it and i cant seem to see either a chain case or belt drive so what gives. More pics would be great!!
its not moved, and why would you want it on the driveshaft? it would take up area in the footwell and make the sled need to be a little wider

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
its not moved, and why would you want it on the driveshaft? it would take up area in the footwell and make the sled need to be a little wider
Just really like the idea of still having a brake when you lose a belt or chain/chaincase in the back country. Been involved in being towed out of eagles with no brake, now thats a rodeo.

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Probably a skidoo rider. They believe everything Doo has done is the right way. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bahaha, wow!!! Negative on your guess, did have a few Doo's in the late 80's. Currently have a 2017 Turbo and a 2020 Khaos.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Just really like the idea of still having a brake when you lose a belt or chain/chaincase in the back country. Been involved in being towed out of eagles with no brake, now thats a rodeo.

Towing should not involve a brake on the towed sled.

Tie the ski loops to the back bumper and tow it without a rider.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Body panels are 4"+ narrower ... Looks like engine is moved inboard slightly and exhaust is tighter so 2"+ on each side ..how much of a gain this translates to as stock Axys with react front end is pretty nimble ...at some point a single ski would prove preferable to a very narrow 2 ski set up. Would be great to see some testing on alternative front ends to see where the limits are ...next brand new sled for me will likely be either a factory snowbike style that is simpler, more powerful and lighter than a bike kit (if ever developed) or an electric sled that matches my Axys...till then I'll probably stay with current setup.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
So what you’re saying is you’re holding out for things that arent even being made yet? Confused...

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada

Tie the ski loops to the back bumper and tow it without a rider.
What goes up must come down!!! Brake only needed on the crazy stupid downhill descents. Then rider hops back on with another sled.
The old school sleds we could just flip the skis and tie the sled onto the tunnel, new sleds aren't built for this type of stress anymore.

Tie the ski loops to the back bumper and tow it without a

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
damn brp must be breaking lots of chain if they need the brake there for that reason.

let's hinder 100% of the time it rides for the time it doesnt

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Seems to me the brake caliper could be adapted to the right side of the drive shaft without to much engineering, for that matter there is probably enough room on the left side for it as well....it wouldn't affect the width of the tunnel being the driveshaft is much more forward in the chassis then the Doo, or in relation to the rider position. It would lower the COG a bit.…I am in no way an engineer here guys, just seems to make sense to me is all!!!

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Moving the brake to the driveshaft would loose the mechanical advantage it has through the gearing. You'd need a stronger (ie heavier) brake for the same performance, I'm guessing this is a big part of why Polaris puts it on the jack shaft.

S
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
My buddy rides a Doo freeride. Last 2 rides out he's landed the thing on a rock right were the brake rotor sticks out passed the bottom of the chassis. Bad design for sure. the second time they had to pry it away from the rotor so he could drive it out.

Premium Features