• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx boost fuel pump

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
If my look up of the Hydra Mat is right, it is still only a 15 micron filter media, Folks out there still think that is to small of a filter media. What did you do with the fuel flow from the jet pump? Keep us informed of how this works , we have a Boost in our stable that we are still having issues with!
gtwitch in wyoming

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
If my look up of the Hydra Mat is right, it is still only a 15 micron filter media, Folks out there still think that is to small of a filter media. What did you do with the fuel flow from the jet pump? Keep us informed of how this works , we have a Boost in our stable that we are still having issues with!
gtwitch in wyoming
I think the 15 micron fine , it's the small size of the stock filter [7 sq in ] and stuffed in a box thats the problem.
The holley has 24 sq in. The jet pump is still in same place and will dump fuel directly on top of hydra mat.
Time will tell, hopefully get of this weekend.

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I think the 15 micron fine , it's the small size of the stock filter [7 sq in ] and stuffed in a box thats the problem.
The holley has 24 sq in. The jet pump is still in same place and will dump fuel directly on top of hydra mat.

Put 16 miles on this weekend ,blizzard so limited riding. No issues so far . Had it on it's tail a few times in climbs with no hicups whatsoever.
This is on an n/a 850. Need more testing in low fuel conditions to make sure jet pump dumps enough fuel on Hydra mat..

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Rode the new socks for 8 days now. Not one issue.
Fill this morning was 10.6 gal. Headed back out for another day on the mountain.
I sure love this sled. P85 all the way.

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
Rode the new socks for 8 days now. Not one issue.
Fill this morning was 10.6 gal. Headed back out for another day on the mountain.
I sure love this sled. P85 all the way.
Is this on factory socks or Oreilly option ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My boost had low fuel light flashing. In shop it said 15%. Over the hood powder this weekend and hasn't twitched. Whined first 2 days out and hasn't since. 481 miles.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Considering that the fuel pump is an electromechanical device, the most popular malfunctions of the fuel pump are associated with both the mechanical and electrical parts. The common problem is that there is no power to the gas pump after the ignition is turned on. Similarly, the malfunction manifests itself in motion when the power to the gas pump is lost and the engine suddenly stalls. It reminded me of the problem when the pump in the house broke down, and we had to buy heating and hot water systems. I am happy with the update, but in the end, I realized that it was the only solution. Most likely, you will also have to change the pump.
Welcome to planet earth.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Back to work for the season and went to put the sled up for summer.
Started it to back out of the trailer and the check engine light is on. Funny, it wasn't on when I put it in there.
put it back in forward and drove it back in the trailer. Got an appointment to drop it off next week.
Has had the fuel pump whine for some time now. Hopefully they can fix that issue at the same time.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Back to work for the season and went to put the sled up for summer.
Started it to back out of the trailer and the check engine light is on. Funny, it wasn't on when I put it in there.
put it back in forward and drove it back in the trailer. Got an appointment to drop it off next week.
Has had the fuel pump whine for some time now. Hopefully they can fix that issue at the same time.
Did you scroll through the "Diagnostics" screen to see what the light is?

U
Nov 26, 2007
I’m getting new fuel sock Friday. Thought I was getting pump also but Polaris said just the sock to see if that cures it by itself.

I sure hope pump isn’t worn because of this and fails next year. I won’t be able to test it this year so I’ll have to wait and see. Not many miles on sled so probably fine

Going to try to get pics of both old and new

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Did you scroll through the "Diagnostics" screen to see what the light is?
Turned out to be a stuck throttle code. pulled it out of the trailer and no codes. (imagine that)

They cleared teh codes and ordered new socks for the pump. Should be here some time in JUNE.
Guess I'll be testing them out next year.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
We have 4 boost with the new polaris fuel socks, so far 3 of the sleds seam to be running good. 1 Is getting det and low pressure code still, dealer has a new pump coming for that one.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
It might be a non-issue to Polaris but it kept us from riding our Boost on the mountain as the Low Fuel Pressure and limp home mode kept coming on every weekend for 8 weeks and back to the shop it would go and out the mountain the next weekend for test and then back to the shop. This non-issue was was finally (possibly repaired) as the snow was going away so only one ride on their latest repair (all seemed to be OK). I do have to say that the dealer was trying to be on top of this non-issue every time the sled appeared back at his door and also Polaris was on top of dealing with the dealers questions and with their suggestions as to what to address next. I guess we will continue to be the test link again this next season but I hope this not the case!! With the information I was able to gather, this non-issue affected about 17% to 23% of the Boost 850s and about 10% to 12 %s of NA 850s. The negative PR here is probably more detrimental to Polaris! I also have to say that riding the Boost sled when it is running the way it is suppost to perform only yields a larger smile and longer arms every time you go wide open throttle.
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features