• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Master cylinder service tool

J
Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone know where to buy this tool?? The part # is PN 2870962. My local Polaris guy said it is no longer available. I've looked online and have not had any luck yet. It looks like a socket - open on both sides. One side is used to get that U seal in place without damaging it. The other open end is used to press the outer seal/metal band down into place. I've already damaged 3 U seals.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'd imagine one comes across ebay now and then, or I'm sure some Polaris dealers still have one. Stuff for older sleds is pretty hit or miss (more miss than hit), and I doubt you'll find it stocked by anyone. ebay is probably your best bet, although nothing comes up at the moment...

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Does anyone know where to buy this tool?? The part # is PN 2870962. My local Polaris guy said it is no longer available. I've looked online and have not had any luck yet. It looks like a socket - open on both sides. One side is used to get that U seal in place without damaging it. The other open end is used to press the outer seal/metal band down into place. I've already damaged 3 U seals.
Found this thread. It gives dimensions of tool in post #18 & 19 so if you know a machinist you may have to make one. https://www.polarisatvforums.com/threads/brake-master-cylinder-piston-install-tool.51766/

Premium Features