• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

maptuner dess key help

D

Daniel475

Mar 12, 2012
Gibsons BC
went to program my spare key wouldn't add for some reason , so i decides to wipe the keys and start fresh now it came up with 2 keys listed with the same ID number and neither of them work on my sled, both say wrong key ? anyone programmed keys before with the map tuner x ? not really sure whats going on ! thank you

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I thought keys could only be programmed by the dealer.

C
Feb 3, 2023
USA
If you're encountering issues programming a spare key for your sled using a Map Tuner X, here are a few steps you can try:

1. Make sure the key is a genuine key for your sled and not a counterfeit or a key from another sled with a different electronic control unit (ECU).

2. Check the key's battery to ensure that it is fresh and functioning properly.

3. Make sure that you are using the correct programming procedure for your sled and Map Tuner X. You may need to refer to the user manual for both the sled and the Map Tuner X to ensure that you are following the correct steps.

4. Try to reset the ECU of your sled. This can often resolve any communication issues between the key and the sled's control system.

If the above steps don't work, you may need to take your sled to a professional locksmith Hither Green who has experience with programming keys for your specific make and model.

If the keys are the same, you can only program one of the keys and discard the other one. If the key still doesn't work after programming, it may be faulty and you should consider getting a new key.

Last edited:
Premium Features