• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8000 Sno Pro opinions - Togwotee

jlombard

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2018
Not sure if this is the right place for this but here it is. We finally settled on Togwotee for our annual snowmobile trip this year. We went to West last year and had planned on it again but... It is my wife and I, we have both grown up riding, her in Minnesota, me in New Hampshire and Maine. We have both also ridden in deep powder but limited. We want to do some trail riding, but are looking to really work on our skills off-trail this year. We will be with a guide and scheduled to be on a off-trail intermediate skill level ride.

So, the only sleds they had available during our stay are the new M8000 Sno Pro's. We rode RMK 600's during last years trip and wanted those again. How much difference is there in the handling and trail riding comfort between the two? I know once off-trail these will perform and neither of us worry about having to much power. Since we do want to cover some ground on trails will we regret having the sno pro when sitting down just cruising along??

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
You will be fine on the M8000. True more power than a Poo 600 but with the both of you having prior snowmobiling experience you will be just fine. I have been riding TML for 15 years. Great place to ride! Many of the familiar guides from past years have hung up their spurs so hopefully they can outfit you with the appropriate guide as that can make the trip!

jlombard

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2018
How are the guides overall at adapting to the experience of the group? Do they ask what type of riding you want to do or what you want to see? My wife is worried about being pushed to go to areas she isn’t comfortable riding. I consider her an intermediate rider but she isn’t as confident in her abilities and is worried that she will slow the group down on an intermediate off-trail group.

We may just decide to go by ourselves the first day so she can get use to the machine. We don’t ride by one a year anymore because we live in Texas now.

Premium Features