• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8000 Big Bore

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Does anyone have experience with Big Bore kits for the M8000? Wondering about reliability, actual noticeable power increase and how finicky the kits make the sled. Don't want a kit that is going to make the sled less reliable and would want to be able to really tell the difference in performance for the cost of the kits... any info on which kit has best reviews would help also.

Thanks.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I've got 2600-ish miles on my bikeman 900. It's been installed on the sled since day one as part of the 2014 pro-lite package with oil injection delete and 32:1 premix. I'm going to put in fresh pistons before this season for the first time. Would not hesitate to do it again. I'm running what would be the whole package setup (minus their secondary clutching), not just the top end. Very noticeable difference over stock. I waited until after 2000 miles to replace reeds and I should have done it at 1500. Heard of another here that said his needed them at 1200. The mapping I got from Kevin Hubard was better than what Bikeman/BDX supplied at the time so I would get the package through him if you go this route http://hubsperformance.com/ Engine ran flawless for about 2200 miles then I had a combination of bad voltage regulator, PCV box, and stator. Ever since I've had an occasional bog going from idle to WOT. I think it's largely due to clutching on my 2018 primary and trying to get the engagement RPM back up to where it was before I did the clutch swap.

Last edited:

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
I've seen a couple of the big bore kits which they say you can run with only the addition of the Y pipe and programmer. Wonder what kind of results they provide? Something around the 2K cost range doesnt sound too bad but when you get up to the 3-4K ran then I might consider updating the sled. Although I always like a sleeper sled too.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I did the bikeman 900 on my 16 and it was one of the finest motors I have had. It did like fresh reeds at 1200 to 1500 miles. put 2800 mile on the 900 and 4k on the sled total. best bang for the buck is the 900 top end Y pipe and a can. 2.5* timing key and a PCV. I went from 70g in the primary to 76 g. stock seconday and a 125/310 H5 spring. Kevin is the go to guy for these motors.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I had a Arctic Edge 925 with a Jaws Big Shark pipe kit, worked really well, considerably stronger then stock. Can’t comment about longevity, as I sold it after a season as I prefer my 4S Turbo King Cat.
But the Suzuki twin seems to be fairly bulletproof with a big bore based on the crew I ride with...

Premium Features