• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 motor in a pro

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
There is a water cross sled over here in Sweden that is built with a cat 800 engine with twin pipes straight back along the tunnel, really nice built.
And on our swedish forum there is a build in progress for snow that will be turbocharged.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
One of the boys at Brent linderman's shop ( arctic edge performance) built one I don't have pics tho

D
Feb 9, 2015
Im new to sleds sort of, why would you put a cat motor in a poo? I know the Poo motors are poo, but is the poo chassis that much better ? why ? how? thanks for the insight!
:light:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Im new to sleds sort of, why would you put a cat motor in a poo? I know the Poo motors are poo, but is the poo chassis that much better ? why ? how? thanks for the insight!
:light:
Pre 2016 cats did not sidehill as well as the Pro, thats about it.
16 and newer are much closer, mtn cat is awesome.
Zuke 800 is a very reliable, powerful engine, poo 800 is not as reliable nor does it make as much power.

I could not see a Cat guy wanting to put his engine in a Pro to make a better sled but i could definitely see a Polaris guy wanting a Cat motor in their Chassis to make a better sled.

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
I have a 11 pro with Axys spindles and a timbersled rear suspension with a AC 900 motor in it and I love it!! It's now reliable and has excellent power. I built this last year because I had the parts to do it and what do you know my polaris motor blew up, so in when the 900. With that said I am looking to buy a 18 mountain cat next year

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have a 11 pro with Axys spindles and a timbersled rear suspension with a AC 900 motor in it and I love it!! It's now reliable and has excellent power. I built this last year because I had the parts to do it and what do you know my polaris motor blew up, so in when the 900. With that said I am looking to buy a 18 mountain cat next year

Pictures please, and did you drop the rear suspension when changing the spindles or do you have super heavy steering now?

Premium Features