• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 tps how do u check

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
you need a special tool to check it and its a big job, and if your TPS is acting up, it could work perfect one minute and be hooped the next, i just installed one on my sled today actually, it is a ****ty job you have to pull your throttle bodies out to do it.

R

Rich

Nov 30, 2007
North Dakota
There is a tool that you plug into the TPS. It has a battery and run voltage though the sensor just as the sled was running, you hook up a DVOM up to the tool and you can read the voltage signal that is comming out of the sensor. Then you adjust till the proper voltage is obtained.

What do you think will happen by advancing your tps .002, and what are you going to advance? Do you mean adjust it so it thinks the throttle is open more than it really is? Also what type of a measurement are you calling .002, voltage, or degrees your going to turn the sensor, or the amount your going to open the throttle?

snowmoboarder

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
The next zone
Yea the Tps can be a pain in the ars. Most of the time a change in the tps will not fix a bog problem.. I also have not heard of any problems with the m. The only tps problems I have seen are from a high milage sled that someone pushed on the throttle down or up and not in.. Sometimes the little washers ware out and than can cause the tps to be off and is a easy fix..

I hope you figure it out.

D

DusterB

Nov 26, 2007
B-Town MT
My intention would be to "advance" the tps 2 thousands in order put more fuel faster in hope it clean up the bottom bog I have instead of adding a $$ controller. I'm no machanic so I'm grabbing at straws in order to make this sled run correctly. I was going to check my reeds and Talking to a fellow rider about the issue and he suggested it. I figured I get a second opinion first..:face-icon-small-ton

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
The only way to advance the timming is to put a key in the flywheel. It is cheap and exact. I don't think the tps is adjustable on the efi anyway and I have never heard of anyone trying to fix a bog with it. If it is not right, it will usually cut out and miss but not what you would call a bog.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
you can buy a 9 volt battery and a voltage regulator that regulates 5 volts. all for under $5 at was once known radio shack. any electrical place. the 5 volts from the regulator then runs into the sensor connected to the power supply. then you use a multimeter to watch the voltage as you move the throttle. i read about this. some guy had done this to check his tps sensors. so i bought the few pieces needed and i tried it. works good. can watch the voltage from the sensor as you move the throttle to see if things go whacky in one spot or are even within voltage spec for WOT.

i can get a pic of the setup i have if you want.

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
it could be, i just replaced my tps, and before i replaced it my sled would start bogging out and it would actually flood itself out if i kept doing so, also sometimes it flat out wouldnt run, not a spark, then toher times it would run GREAT for 20minutes and then die.. tps can make your sled do all sorts of funny things, they are about 360bucks to replace and about a 2-3 hour job if you know what your doing

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
pic of sender

here is that homemade TPS tester...

wire1.jpg

V
Nov 30, 2019
you need a special tool to check it and its a big job, and if your TPS is acting up, it could work perfect one minute and be hooped the next, i just installed one on my sled today actually, it is a ****ty job you have to pull your throttle bodies out to do it.
DOes your sled bogging before replacing the parts ? Thanks

M

mopscrops76

Banned
Mar 30, 2023
texas
There is a tool that you plug into the TPS. It has a battery and run voltage though the sensor just as the sled was running, you hook up a DVOM up to the tool and you can read the voltage signal that is comming out of the sensor. Then you adjust till the proper voltage is obtained.

Premium Features