• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 too lean! box not adjusting?

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Alright all season my m7 has been giving me the fits. Its a m7 with a RKT m8 kit, SLP twin pipes,boondocker box vforce etc... 2 years ago i got the m8 kit and ran a speedwerx single and i had good plugs and good egt readings that matched the plugs. this year went to twins and my plugs were just too lean/hot. i tried tuning with the boondocker and no matter how much fuel i added it wasn't changing the plugs. i went back to single and it was better but still lean. i couldn't get them back to what i had the previous year. all season ive been in the shop playing and afraid to ride it. i replaced base gaskets, head and reed gaskets, leakdown test,compression test. coolant seems to circulate fine. the only other change from the previous year is twin pipes and i sent my boondocker in to get a new face plate because it was burnt. and they sent it back with updated programming and it just doesn't seem to be the same. for twins on the m8kit some recommended #s in the 7800+ range were 18. i ended up at 20 then to 30. with the same lean plugs. when i set to 30 it bogs when i smash the throttle let off and hit it again it rips like normal. i cant duplicate the bog it seems like it doesn't keep the programming. sorry for the length but its been a year summed up into this and i am loosing my mind. ANY help at all please! I'm down to testing fuel pressure. voltage regulator and ecu. thanks if you read that!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I would test fuel pressure, sounds like you have tested alot eliminating quite a few variables. What update did they do to the box, ADA?

Just did a friends F8 BB kit full race setup with SLP twins and its still a bit rich (first time out) but we ended up with 25 on topend (probably end up around 18-20), so your #'s seem to be pretty close, but this is on the older version of the BD box.

Last edited:
Premium Features