• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx vs Summit

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
In my reading, I'm seeing that the Lynx has a 15" wide track, compared to the 16 on the Summit...

Both are 180 hp...

... does a guy jump on the Lynx due to the narrow track?

Ace

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Yah, they said that last year also, but the shocks are different part numbers. I put Expert shocks on Tater's 2022 SP, but had to get 21 shocks. Maybe different valving? I guess I could measure, lol. Both are in the garage. For what it is worth, I don't like the 347 frontend. Rides strange. Haven't figured it out.

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
Did anyone else notice how much shallower the approach angle of the shredder looks compared to the summit? I really like the narrowness of the Lynx, the weight loss & a turbo option now! I am a little perplexed why they didnt put the 34" front on it though, but that seems easy enough to change. I really liked how the Lynx rode & handled last year when I rode one. Too bad I barely have 100 miles on my 22 expert lol!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I’m sure the new Lynx Shredder DS Turbo will be a awesome machine.
Personally I don’t think there is a bad choice. Just what a person thinks will fit them best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
T
Aug 8, 2011
Isn’t the lynx tunnel the same width as the summit tunnel? Why would you want a narrow track and a wide tunnel? If im
Gonna have a narrow track I want the narrower tunnel to go with it..

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Did anyone else notice how much shallower the approach angle of the shredder looks compared to the summit? I really like the narrowness of the Lynx, the weight loss & a turbo option now! I am a little perplexed why they didnt put the 34" front on it though, but that seems easy enough to change. I really liked how the Lynx rode & handled last year when I rode one. Too bad I barely have 100 miles on my 22 expert lol!
The 34" a arms are available. The tie rods haven't been able to order them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Hmm. I was going to borrow a demo last year. (Lynx.) I went down and messed with it, as soon as I saw the fit and finish I backed out. The panels were stupid ridiculous. (I think that I broke it.) Didn't fit, fasteners didn't work. I just cannot imagine how hard it would be to get parts for it. The guys that rode it that know how to ride hated it. They said that the skid was good in the bumps, but that was about it. Didn't work anywhere else. Just what I heard. I have never been wrong before, but this could be the first time. ????????
Yah, they said that last year also, but the shocks are different part numbers. I put Expert shocks on Tater's 2022 SP, but had to get 21 shocks. Maybe different valving? I guess I could measure, lol. Both are in the garage. For what it is worth, I don't like the 347 frontend. Rides strange. Haven't figured it out.
The shocks are the same length, the mounting point on the arms is just very very close to the ball joint on the 22 vs the 21. I would assume also valved differently for the different mounting points.

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
For what its worth, I've snowchecked a Shredder turbo. After talking to my good friend who is a skidoo sponsored rider and has been on both the shredder and skidoo gen5 turbo rs... he told me the shredder is the best aggressive backcountry sled he's rode. If he didn't have to ride only skidoo, he'd be on a lynx next year. I was fully planning on a skidoo expert, but after everything i heard from him, I'm excited to try something new. Can't go wrong with choices, i personally don't want 34" front end, i like the 15 wide track and no tmotion skid. Just hoping for more snow next winter!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

S
Mar 18, 2018
Why are the dry sled weights not available for the Lynx models specifically the new Shredder 3900 Turbo-mystery????? If anyone has any insight or actual dry weight numbers please post!

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
I'd like to know the weight of the Lynx Shredder DS turbo also! I'm torn between that and the Expert, but if the Lynx is heavier makes the decision much easier!

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Lynx is heavier. My 2022 lynx user guide has 154 at 471 and the 165 at 476. They lost 20 pounds for 23. Add the turbo weight. For me the rear skid makes the extra weight worth it. So much better in all conditions I have ridden in.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I would be MUCH MUCH more interested in parts availability more than weight, especially now. If you cannot get a Skidoo part that has been "available" for years, why would you think that you can get a Lynx part that just came out? Yes, they use a lot of the same parts, I get that. Just sayin.

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
I would be MUCH MUCH more interested in parts availability more than weight, especially now. If you cannot get a Skidoo part that has been "available" for years, why would you think that you can get a Lynx part that just came out? Yes, they use a lot of the same parts, I get that. Just sayin.
Did you know of anybody that waited till February to get their lynx? I personally never heard of a single delay with people getting lynx this year. Whereas i canceled my skidoo one that still wouldnt have arrived by now. I know someone who smoked the entire front end of their lynx this winter and had all the parts within a week or so. Not saying it will be better, but i can't see it being any worse than skidoo currently. Lynx will have less units on the snow here in the west than skidoo obviously, so my thoughts will be less parts being in constant demand by dealers etc. Just my thoughts though, who knows

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Premium Features