• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LYNX from Finland!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Been following those machines for a few years now , They started the tunnel craze for sleds that is :) , the skid is a different animal all together . A mountain skid that does more than float and takes a beating , how could that be bad ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They ride really good. Always thought doo rode the best and this one rides better. Easier to tip up for whatever reason. The one i rode had skis centered. I always had them narrowed up. Really curious about trying a 34 inch stance and z broz spindles. Don't know if that flap makes them trench any. It almost looks like the snow was missing the tunnel and just throwing it straight up. My buddy said it was almost as bad as riding behind my alpha. I'm a handling over power guy. Power is easy to remedy but handling is not. Doo turbo is flat out awesome but i would pick the lynx. Turbo just feels like a boat anchor to me. That is why i sold mine. Years ago the doo was always heavier but rode lighter. Never knew if it was the tmotion or flex edge track or the combo of the two. Definitely not a downfall without tmotion on the lynx.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, I bit.. ordered a 22 DS 3900. Like the Doo, never was a big fan of the flex chassis, not too worried about that snow flap, my riding partners have been cursing me since I put my removable flap on my 18

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I had one for a ride a couple weeks ago. I was very impressed at its handling characteristics. One thing that surprised me the most was how much it wheelied, but still maintained traction to speed up the hill. Anything else I've driven would trench and need to be turned back down the hill.. Very easy sled to sidehill and transition from one side to the other. The engine is my favorite of all the two stroke offerings. You can't beat the etec in run-ability in my opinion.

Arcticmann

Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2011
AK
I went with the DS 3900 as well. I'm pretty stoked to try something new after 25 years of only owning Cats.

R
Oct 20, 2020
They ride really good. Always thought doo rode the best and this one rides better. Easier to tip up for whatever reason. The one i rode had skis centered. I always had them narrowed up. Really curious about trying a 34 inch stance and z broz spindles. Don't know if that flap makes them trench any. It almost looks like the snow was missing the tunnel and just throwing it straight up. My buddy said it was almost as bad as riding behind my alpha. I'm a handling over power guy. Power is easy to remedy but handling is not. Doo turbo is flat out awesome but i would pick the lynx. Turbo just feels like a boat anchor to me. That is why i sold mine. Years ago the doo was always heavier but rode lighter. Never knew if it was the tmotion or flex edge track or the combo of the two. Definitely not a downfall without tmotion on the lynx.
I have a 2015 Skidoo Summit SP 146 with T-motion. I really like the T-motion in the power and for playing, rolling to and staying on the edge is easy and fun, I'd hate to loose this ability. I'm considering the Lynx 3900 and I'm wondering how it handles in the powder in comparison. The SP is not a trail machine but manageable, the Lynx with a stiffer suspension I suspect will be better. Bottom line, will I lose out on the ability to hold an edge well?

Premium Features