• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx Boondocker 4100

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Caught up ???? more like chasing Poo in a mad scrabble to hold a piece of the mtn segment.
Poo has made some nice changes for 2022 for sure.

They finally added a tether. Something Doo has had for years.

They added a turbo to their mountain sleds. Something Doo already had.

They fixed their toeholds and made them open so you don’t sprain or break your ankle. Something Doo already had.

They made it so their windshields can just pop on and off. Something Doo already had.

They created a Linq-like mounting system for their tunnel accessories like Doo has had for years.

Maybe Poo will come up with a SHOT-like system next?

Poo and Doo are definitely chasing each other. All to our benefit.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^dont forget 3.5 p tracks. but they also got rid of rear tunnel cooler, shortened the tunnel and added a roller bearing clutch...you know, that weird cat stuff.
Now add extroverts and anti-stabs to the list. They all take other's proven features eventually, but poo is number one at making their peeps feel like its new technology :). great sleds of course.
Lynx looks BA!

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
^dont forget 3.5 p tracks. but they also got rid of rear tunnel cooler, shortened the tunnel and added a roller bearing clutch...you know, that weird cat stuff.
Now add extroverts and anti-stabs to the list. They all take other's proven features eventually, but poo is number one at making their peeps feel like its new technology :). great sleds of course.
Lynx looks BA!
New tech is not necessarily best tech. That fancy gauge Polaris is pushing for example. It is nice but I am worried about hitting it on trees and all my sleds have rolled downhill and smashed that area. Windshield bags have saved my hood more than once. Can a guy justify paying the extra and you can't easily move it to your next sled? I don't care where the tech comes from, Doo, Cat or even somewhere unrelated to sleds. I do appreciate it that Polaris has identified these things as something the customer wants and then incorporates it. How many years has Doo riders been asking for light weight and better handling? Fat chance you will see it soon. Even though I don't care for it (because it is too slow and I don't want to pay extra) I know Polaris guys would welcome something similar to SHOT and because of that Polaris will provide it if there are no patents to worry about.

S
Mar 18, 2018
Polaris incorporates much of what Ski Doo has already done and the Polaris sleds gained weight, hmm!-my bet is in model year 2023 Doo again brings more innovation and the weight gap (all of 20lbs comparing model year 2022's now) is gone.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Polaris incorporates much of what Ski Doo has already done and the Polaris sleds gained weight, hmm!-my bet is in model year 2023 Doo again brings more innovation and the weight gap (all of 20lbs comparing model year 2022's now) is gone.

I looked at a 2022 Expert vs. 2022 Slash. The Slash is 20 pounds lighter, but the Doo has SHOT. Put e-start on the Poo and you are even.

I think Poo has got to be looking for a SHOT-like starter systems for their sleds.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
I demoed the 4100 yesterday. Really liked it. . I have a 17 154 x and a 18 165 Freeride. I have revalved the shocks on the 17 and added different springs and durapro ski rubbers. The free ride I have added the durapros.
The snow is definitely spring snow conditions. It was some of the weirdest snow I have been in. Hard spots, slush, soft new snow and all wind blown. The skiis were really twitchy which is why I added the durapros on my other sleds. I rode my friends 18 axis to compare and its skis were twitchy, but not as bad as the lynx.
It took about an hour of riding to get used to it. I think a lot of that is due to the snow and the skiis. The rear skid definitely handles different. But after I got used to it I really like it. The rear skid has different balance points. Hard to explain until you ride it. But it felt like it kept more weight on the track. Going slow over drifts the skis would be in the air and then the sled will tip. Kind of like a caterpillar. Side to side tipping was easier than my free ride. Not as easy as my x but it is a shorter track. When we finally found some consistent snow I side hilled a lot more. It held the side hill better and was easier to go in a straight line.

Jumping the suspension is amazing. It is so smooth on the landings.
Riding the trail the suspension is definitely stiff. Going 30 miles an hour or so And sitting down I felt a lot of the bumps through the handle bars. More so than the ski doos I have. Rear suspension is awesome. Hardly feel anything. standing up On the trail and pushing the sled and jumping off the moguls it is really smooth. Guess I need to get in better shape so I can stand up the entire ride.

The first thing I will do to the lynx is add the durapros. I think this will all but fix the twitchy handling just like it did on my other two doos.

I measured the width from board to board on the lynx and my sleds.
17 x and freeride are 34". I have a 14 600 Polaris and it is 29". Lynx is 32" wide at the boards but the plastics pretty much go up and in from there. My Polaris jogs out a couple inches on each side for the foot holes. I could definitely feel the difference in spring snow with the lynx boards being 2" narrower. Much better than my doos.
I am excited for the new sled and think I am really going to like it. The rear suspension and narrower boards are the main things I wanted ski doo to address and I got that with the lynx.

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Getting ready for next season, can't wait for snow

Attachments

• 20210426_184804.jpg
    20210426_184804.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210426_184839.jpg
    20210426_184839.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 50