• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx 2023 with Jason Ribi

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I'm about to make a really bad (or good? lol) financial decision on a 2023 Lynx Shredder DS Turbo I believe :)

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
So anybody got theirs yet? Dealer I checked mine through said by the end of January =/

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
You must have ordered the big guage. My dealer said that is the hangup. The rest are coming.
Ya’ll are in for a treat. Got some seat time on one over the weekend and it is wicked

Got mine last weekend. Gonna really enjoy the sled to be sure, but at this point I wish I'd have not wasted $1,500 on the gauge. That is really an ill-conceived design. The fact that I have to use the stupid ass proprietary Skidoo app and leave my phone plugged into the sled AND have to have cell service to use the GPS is a bunch of garbage. Not impressed with the gauge, Skidoo ap, or any of that. That may work great for drunken bar hopping in Wisconsin but its f*cking useless to me out west.

With that said ... the big beef I have is the rear bumper. Or should I say, lack thereof. Seriously BRP, WHAT THE FLYING F*CK IS THAT ABOUT??!

That just boggles my f*cking mind you would shop these sleds, literally, with no rear bumper. Just ridiculous.

Gauge and rear bumper rants aside .... I had a WONDERFUL time riding the sled. I am coming off a 2018 Axys 174, so the G5 Lynx chassis will assuredly take some getting used to, but I just kept getting more and more comfortable and confident in the sled and making it do things as the day went on :)

The suspension felt good bone-stock, but for me personally, I am going to upgrade to a full set of Exit shocks. This really has little to do with the factory suspension being bad, quite the contrary, its just that I'm ~305 lbs ride weight and they just don't build factory suspensions, any factory suspension, for people that heavy .... I actually bottomed the rear skid out a few times, and I felt like it was transferring a bit too much weight even with the limiter strap on "2" .... I think for my fat ass, I just need more shock ..... but over all I have a really positive impression of the sled from last weekend. I'm looking forward to learning the sled and having a killer rest of the season :)

New Lynx 4.jpg New Lynx 1.jpg New Lynx 2.jpg New Lynx 3.jpg

Premium Features