• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lutsen Area

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
We are staying at Surf Side next week near Lutsen. Trying to decide wether to bring the sleds or not. Is there easy access to riding areas from the Lutsen area? Are there any off trail riding areas close to where I'll be? Thanks

J

jds

Mar 13, 2008
duluth mn.
I would bring the sleds. There is some good snow out there now. Not real sure were to ride in lutsen but if you go into tofte or back to the Finland Isabella area which are not to far of a drive there is some great off trail. Good luck have fun.

dragonguy

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2010
minnesota
Yes there are trails in to lutsen, last year in march after they had all the snow in sucked getting to lutsen ski resort.
But the trails were awsome, go to mndnr and check out the snowmobile section and click on the maps of the area.
I do not know whats there for snow but i would take my sled if i was heading there.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
In Northern Minnesota it's illegal to ride a Ski-Doo North of Duluth. :face-icon-small-sho
Just kidding. :face-icon-small-hap The last time I was there you can ride out of Lutsen to the North Shore corridor trail. Yes, bring your sleds!!!!
And go here!!! http://www.trestleinn.com/

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
Thanks guys. We have them loaded are are taking off in the am. Will be able to ride Monday for sure and are going skiing on Tuesday. Unless I decide to spend the money on a tank of gas instead of a lift ticket

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
Rode the power lines today. No shortage of snow great conditions for this time of the year. My sons renegade had no problem getting stuck.

image.jpg

Premium Features