• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LTS Snow Report 2019

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
My son and I went to Quincy today to get my sled. Over 4 weeks in the shop. It was a fun trip. Snowing big time most of the way. The parking was not plowed yet. Hope they get to that to night. The grooming did the 07 rode to Meadow lake turn off and back to night. 10 miles in. It’s deep up here. Good that got done it was a mess. A few guys riding the deep pow today. Snow’s Awesome.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Here is the snow fall for the last 24 hours. I tweaked my knee last night in the parking lot so I'am out for a few days. Dammit !!!

Attachments

• IMG_4748.JPG
    IMG_4748.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 83

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
My Wife (Mary) has been shoving the decks every day. Another foot of snow in the last 24 hours. She said she needs a break. My knee feels a little better today. I think and hope I'll be able to get out next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_4750.JPG
    IMG_4750.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 61

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Yo Steve, a little Crown Royal with a Corona chaser will make that knee feel better. :face-icon-small-ton

How much total do you have now up around the house? Tell Mary to go easy.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Don it's hard to tell. It depends. 10 to 12 Feet. In the first pic the snow is almost up to the deck. This deck is 16 feet off the ground. I have not seen that since March of 2011. Yesterday I was sitting on my couch watching a movie and 2 guy's went by in the back yard. This is killing me Don. I need to get back on the snow soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4770.JPG
    IMG_4770.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4768.JPG
    IMG_4768.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 76

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Deeper then I have ever seen. We got 4 feet in the past 24 hours. Still dumping out there. Yesterday my wife Mary, fell on the ice here at the house and broke her Femur. She had surgery last night. It went good. Now I have to get her home? This winter is not going good for me.

Last edited:

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
It's getting deep up here. Been shoveling snow for 2 days. Will be back at it today. First pic is trying to get out of my garage. The first story of my house is 16' and it's gone. I have not seen a snowmobiler in days. Were is everyone. The grooming is on hold until the FS trims the trees. BS.

Attachments

• IMG_4780.JPG
    IMG_4780.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4805.JPG
    IMG_4805.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4808.JPG
    IMG_4808.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4806.JPG
    IMG_4806.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 68

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
"TRIM THE TREES" Wow Steve, WTF does that have to do with grooming? Yup, BS for sure. Hope you get some relief, soon. And hope that Mary makes a speedy recovery.

Dirt Guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2010
Wait for the Forest Service to trim the trees? You will be waiting a long time, Way after the snow is gone . Looks like the power shed needs the roof shoveled. Reminds Me of the Winter of 2011. Forecast is for more Snow, Friday night into Saturday, Then another Storm Tuesday and Wed. next week. Be up to see you when the sun comes out.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
My neighbor Mark just made a round-trip to the parking lot in the groomer. 07 main route. Just 9 miles in and back. That’s all that is getting done. I went to the parking today. A different world. Maybe 6” down there. The snow’s soft down at the parking lot. Nice up here. Settle down big time today. Chili cook off at Yuba Pass this Saturday. It’s a great event. We’re all Sledding over from LTS.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We made it to the Chilli Cook Off on Sat. It was snowing on the way over but it was wet. We got there late with a couple of Sierra Cement stuck's. We did get some Chilli just in time. On the way home we got a light rain. Snow went to s**t this weekend. Sat. night I got a knock on may door. Two guys were riding on one sled and it broke down at Jackson Meadows. They walked 8 miles to my house. They had to spend the night. No way we were going out at 8 o'clock at night. It was raining. My son put one on ski's and one on his sled. They got lucky I answered may door. I better see some Corona soon on my door step.

Attachments

• IMG_4810.jpg
    IMG_4810.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4814.jpg
    IMG_4814.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 70

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Weathers been weird lately. Snowed a couple inches at a little less than 4,200 feet in elevation here in Janesville yesterday afternoon. Seems to snow low, then rain high, then back to snowing low again.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Yo Steve, you might find a real surprise on your doorstep -- a case of Schlitz. :face-icon-small-ton

Wow, an 8 mile hike from JM Reservoir. Those dudes must be tough. Glad they made it out.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
We made it to the Chilli Cook Off on Sat. It was snowing on the way over but it was wet. We got there late with a couple of Sierra Cement stuck's. We did get some Chilli just in time. On the way home we got a light rain. Snow went to s**t this weekend. Sat. night I got a knock on may door. Two guys were riding on one sled and it broke down at Jackson Meadows. They walked 8 miles to my house. They had to spend the night. No way we were going out at 8 o'clock at night. It was raining. My son put one on ski's and one on his sled. They got lucky I answered may door. I better see some Corona soon on my door step.

You are a nice guy. thank you for helping. Even more strength to ya if they were strangers.

Premium Features