• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LTS Snow Report 2019

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Got out with Nick Yesterday. Headed to the Black Butts. It was great In the trees but when we got on the ridges it was wind blown and icy. The groomers been out this week so trails should be good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_4660.jpg
    IMG_4660.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4663.jpg
    IMG_4663.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4662.jpg
    IMG_4662.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 45

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We went to Paradise chutes yesterday. My son wanted to see how fast his turbo sled would get up the chutes. The first pic is the main chute and is still a little rocky. The two chutes to the right were good. Up and over the top he went. He said it was way scarier coming down.

Attachments

• IMG_4668.jpg
    IMG_4668.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4669.jpg
    IMG_4669.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Yeah Steve, you need some big cajones to drop them chutes. Many years ago I peeked over the side and said to myself, NFW. Have never taken another look since then. Have always dropped down the far west side. A little safer for us old dudes.:face-icon-small-hap

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Maybe a storm first week of February. Water depth numbers in SOCAL gone from .25 total to almost 3 inches. Hope moisture moves to the mountains

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Yes we need snow. Got a text Wednesday a guy was at the 07 road and Meadow Lake road stuck in the snow wearing a cow out fit. WTF? Off I went. This guy drove in 9 1/2 miles on a groomed snowmobile trail before he got stuck. This just shows how hard the snow on the road is. When I got there he was wereing a Zebra outfit. Asked him why the outfit? He said he was just trying to stay warm. Asked him if he saw the road closed sign? He said yes. He said he had 4 wheel drive. I had to ask him what he was smoking? He assured me it was good. Got him out and sent him down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_4678.jpg
    IMG_4678.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 62
N
Nov 27, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
Yes we need snow. Got a text Wednesday a guy was at the 07 road and Meadow Lake road stuck in the snow wearing a cow out fit. WTF? Off I went. This guy drove in 9 1/2 miles on a groomed snowmobile trail before he got stuck. This just shows how hard the snow on the road is. When I got there he was wereing a Zebra outfit. Asked him why the outfit? He said he was just trying to stay warm. Asked him if he saw the road closed sign? He said yes. He said he had 4 wheel drive. I had to ask him what he was smoking? He assured me it was good. Got him out and sent him down the road.

Ha ha ha! You cant make this type of stuff up! Laughing my a$$ off!

Well, looks like we've got a thumper of the storm coming in starting tonight...should snow enough to keep the idiots wearing Zebra outfits from driving down the groomed snowmobile trails/roads :face-icon-small-ton

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We got over 4 feet out of this storm so far. Still snowing big time. This is to too much for me in one storm. We need a break. Oh well it’s great snow. Got colder last night. My son and I went out yesterday and it was over the hood. I’am up for a ride if we can even get anywhere .

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Looks like you're getting the bigtime dump you were hoping for, Steve. Go easy on those big stucks. Those cardio sessions can be hard on older folks.:face-icon-small-ton

Dirt Guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2010
Trackman, Remember winter of 2010 and 2011. It was June 16th before you could drive your truck up to your driveway. I still have pictures of it. Lots of fun with the Tucker and the Lmc and Solie and Maggie. Sounds like you are getting about the same amount of snow. Groomers will have their hands full .Might be up on Friday,Give you a call.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Yes Bill it’s snowing 2” an hour all day today. We got 2 more feet. Groomer, What groomer? Matt needs to get to work. He’s busy doing another job. This years grooming has not been good. This snows going to be a blast for riding. My Internet still out so no pics. I am at my neighbors house. His works. They said he is on A different gateway. Mine is snowed in.

Last edited:

Dirt Guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2010
Adding up some Snow Totals at Coppins Meadow. Here"s what I come up with, 2/2 18 inches New Snow, 2/3 4 feet New Snow, 2/4 2 feet New Snow. Add it up ,7 1/2 feet of New Snow out of this series of 3 storms. Add that to the 3 feet or more of snow on the ground before these series of Storms and And the total should be 11 to 12 Feet of Snow on the ground. Should be some Great riding .

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
First I have to find some one to ride with. Rode out today to the parking lot. The 07 rode was in terrible shape. Been on the phone with Matt. I hope it does some good.

Dirt Guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2010
Will be on the phone with the Powers to Be in the morning regarding the grooming at Little Truckee. Anybody have any input on the current grooming at Little Truckee, or should I say the lack of it .

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Adams said he was going to ride up to your place on Wed. Double check with him. We're going to sneak out close to home - Dog, Sardine and Jones Valleys. Babbitt will most likely be a no-go --might be to deep up that high. Gonna be cold. Just hope the sun stays out.

Premium Features