• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LTS Dec Snow 2015

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
" so I'm just going to run up to the outhouse on grouse Ridge."

mj - Take some pics. Curious to see how much is up there since Tip's last pics. Have fun.

We were up there yesterday and didn't take any Pic. It is getting real closet now. We hit a few things and had one sled take a ski off. Lipped it back to the truck. :hurt:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I got an email this morning saying the LTS got 1 foot of snow and yuba pass was 1+ ft and grooming program would start soon the 07 road was now closed looks like the email was a little late from the forest service since trackman said it was closed on the 11th

Last edited:

JAdams

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Gridley Ca.
Wife and I were up on Saturday Rode out to White Rock and around to Yuba pass Didn't get to far off the road we were still hitting things No damage but on the road was great we found a few roads that nobody had been on. It was cold all day and the clouds came over Flat Light:face-icon-small-dis But it was good to be out. Best December snow in 8-10 Years :face-icon-small-hap

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We got at least 14 inches out of the storm yesterday. It snowed all the way down to the parking lot level . This is great for the grooming program . My son came up about 11 and said there was 15 rigs in the parking lot . Died hard snowmobilers there . it was dumping up here all day .

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
The snow was sweet today. Went out Bald Ridge Loop. Had a fresh 14"+ of new snow. Back side a little deeper. Good snow all the way to the parking lot. I made it down there today also.

IMG_0538.jpg IMG_0534.jpg

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
A few of us went out yesterday and spent the day up on Lola. It was an absolute blast. Down low you still have to be careful of landmines but up high I had no worries. We sidehilled and did pow turns all day until my arms were absolutely beat.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We got 7" to 8" of new snow out of that last storm. I lost the track on my jeep yesterday. We have to commute on snowmobiles now. Not bad since Matt has the 07 road groomed smooth. Riding looks great out there, wish I had time to go.

IMG_0555.jpg

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
Trackman really appreciate all the updates. Makes it nice to get some first hand feedback!

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Commute by snowmobile, eh Steve. Tough life. Sorry you popped a track on the Jeep. 8" more sounds good. Was up there Friday and ran towards Indy Lake and played around on the slopes on the eastside Lola ridge. Blowing like hell, so never even tried getting to Lola. Coverage was good and should even be better now. Shaping up to be a good season. Hope nobody turns the hose off.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
You have been so kind to keep us posted on snow conditions we will have to keep the track jokes to a minimum BaawwHAAA

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We got 4" to 5" of wet snow here at the house last night. Still snowing big time right now. Don the track did not fall off all the studs on the jeep broke off. I was lucky that I just had backed out of the garage. Wish I had some riding Pics But been busy working every day. That's to be over with soon.

DSC07020.jpg

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Thanks Steve. Going for a rip tomorrow. Probably hit the Indy Lake side of the Lola ridge and try to get up there or get stuck trying. Hope it cools down some. 51* right now here in town at 8:50 AM. Hell, might fire up the bikes and take them out for some exercise.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We need it Don on top of all this Sierra cement we have around here . It froze up last night and we got about 2 inches of fresh. Living up here is getting tough . I broke my jeep this week My 11 pro is overheating . I got my Dragon out yesterday and blew it up on the way home last night . Suns out this morning .

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
We need it Don on top of all this Sierra cement we have around here . It froze up last night and we got about 2 inches of fresh. Living up here is getting tough . I broke my jeep this week My 11 pro is overheating . I got my Dragon out yesterday and blew it up on the way home last night . Suns out this morning .

I pray you have better situations going forward !

It is really neat to see pics of your jeep with tracks in the snow. I bounce jeeps off rocks and break my Jeeps all the time. YJ's are cheap to fix.

Son and I went out riding in the Sequoias Natl Forest on the 20th. About 10 miles from the trailhead on Sherman Pass Road came around a turn and a red pick-up truck with parts of a tree on it stuck in 3 plus feet of snow! The truck is not getting out till spring !!!

This storm 24-25 should bring powder about 6 inches in Truckee 100% chance of happening. ! Should be below freezing in Truckee for till 2016 !!!!! Or in reality the highs and lows now will last till 2016.

For Truckee area 50% chance of 6 inches snow 29-30 DEC Tues Wed . Snow flurries for most parts of CALI

Premium Features