• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lower a arm bent 2019 pro rmk

B
Dec 8, 2019
Maine
Noticed after a weekend ride that I have a slight/significant bend in lower a arm on right side. Curious if anyone has had any luck bending these back into shape (aluminum) or if it’s not worth the potential of just having it ultimately fail after the repair and needing to replace. Have a ride planned for tomorrow would love some input! Or should I just run it and replace at the end of the season...

T
Apr 3, 2019
Noticed after a weekend ride that I have a slight/significant bend in lower a arm on right side. Curious if anyone has had any luck bending these back into shape (aluminum) or if it’s not worth the potential of just having it ultimately fail after the repair and needing to replace. Have a ride planned for tomorrow would love some input! Or should I just run it and replace at the end of the season...
I bent an upper back straight just to see if it could be straightened, the lower was broken. It bent back pretty easily in a press, but I never ran it, I so no idea if it would hold up. No signs of cracking and it was bent pretty good.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
You can put it back straight but it will be even weaker than before at the bent spot

If you have to ride tomorrow, unless the bend is really crazy and mess with the steering I would ride it bent.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Heat before bending ....made a jig for one and returned it to close to spec and using for 2 seasons...tried with a 2nd bent one but rushed and snapped it ...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Premium Features