• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low Fuel Pump Voltage On M7 Turbo

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
know a couple sleds that are having trouble getting voltage to the fuel pump on M7 turbos. take the leads off the pumps and they read 12v and when the leads are on the pump voltage reads only 4.5. pump drawing too many amps? voltage source too weak to handle the load of the pump? im lookin into an iductive ameter test what amps should the pump be drawing?

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
what kit u got . BD or BD/PL or areo /ovs!!! if BD is it the secondary pump or intank? if it has the pl upgrade try to unplug ur hood lights and guages . . the BD kits have issues with there msd pump going out .
mike

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
its the inline pump you install with the kit. i think its an aero kit. whats this upgrade you speak of and if i unplug the acessories and it works then it must mean that the source of ac power thats going to the rectafire must be a weak source right?

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
id like to know what kit u have 4sure first.. but with the 2nd fuel pump some are not designed 4 the low voltage the M7 has . which has caused stators to go out and burn up the fuel pumps. the fix is from shain ( product tester ) give him a PM and he can fix u up !!!A great guy and friend . it has all the updated things to make a TM7/8 kit work like a champ...
mike:D

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
already contacted trav. still no go. someone told me to switch the leads going into the rectafier from the lighting coil even thow it shouldnt make a difference he said it may thats where im at now. anyone elses common guys theres gotta be some out there that have combat this problem before

Premium Features