• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost Lake (Firemans) Trail closed

I
Dec 7, 2009
:face-icon-small-sadLost Lake (Firemans) Trail has been closed to snowmachines starting Feb.19. Recent warm temps and heavy rain has cased extensive melting leaving the potential for resource damage by motorized vehicles. Conditions will be monitored and if they improve the trail will reopen.:face-icon-small-hap
Access from Primrose Trail is not very good either with lots of icy chutes in the first 3 miles. Lots of heavy rain on Thursday below 1500' elevation.
Call USFS in Seward 224-3374 for more info.

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
We were up there again today. The Ranger was walking up the trail to check out the conditions and I was working my way through the first ice shoot and sprayed muddy slush all over him;( I felt bad but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time! Sorry dude! Hope that is not the main reason for closing the trail. We pulled a couple of sleds up the first slick spot and then shot up to the top no problem. 2 feet of new snow since we were there on Tuesday at the cabin;) We only made it 3/4 mile past the cabin with all the DEEP snow we could handle. The trail is really melting FAST! I have never seen it like this in the middle of February! In my opinion it is not hurting the trail by running over it with our sleds but I do not get to make that decision. Glad we could get a fantastic ride in before it closed;)

P2180242.jpg

This was taken on the trail next to the cabin;)
P2180233.jpg

P2180252.jpg

This was a common scene today!!!
P2180256.jpg

I had to get stuck at least once;) The good ole M8 shined today!!
P2180257.jpg

Premium Features