• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost Key

iroc1132

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
SE Idaho
So, I managed to lose the key to my '19 Alpha. I had the hood off sealing the intake plenum a month or so ago and today went out to move it and the key is gone. Not sure if I removed it and put it `where it won't get lost'. Or if it fell out when I was wrestling the plenum back in place. Either way it's gone... can I get a replacement key, or do I have to buy a whole new switch with a key? I tried all the keys from other sleds we have, no luck.

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
Pull the ignition off and it should have a number on it. Take that to your dealer and they will be able to order you a key from Cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iroc1132

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
SE Idaho
I have the vin. I'll call dealer and see what he wants.
Are they all keyed differently these days, or do they have like 5 varieties?

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
At the cat dealership I worked at we could use the vin for four wheelers but sleds we always needed the code. Might be wrong or right. Just what we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Putting a key on sled is such a great idea......
I put a couple tie wraps thru mine to make sure its always attached to the sled.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
I deleted the whole key/tumbler unit on my last sled lol. hit the kill switch and pull the rope. no risk of losing a key when rolling the sled etc. if a person wants the sled the key being removed wont stop them, just unplug the gauge cluster and it will start

Premium Features