• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looks like BDX is coming out with spindles

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Found this on the book of faces. Not much info yet. 1.5" taller.
$899 w/forged uppers
$1099 w/billet uppers

FB_IMG_1575679779949.jpg

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
All I have to say to anybody willing to try them is....GOOD LUCK! Their setup on the proclimb was an epic disaster. Make sure they are using higher quality materials and have added enough strength to key spots.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Good to see someone else try this other than ice age. They do look like a more quality build over the proclimb setup. I went through about a dozen spindles on that proclimb bdx front end. I love the elevate kit on both my sleds.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Like everyone else I thought the same thing when ice age did rails and spindles...I just want the spindles. After going back and rereading a bunch of what ice age was saying last year, I think they're right...the front of the skid needs to come down too. Otherwise you're just going to be weighting the front too much, regardless of the better clearance. I've been staring at my axys next to my dropped case proclimb a bunch lately. The skid geometry in the front is part of the issue IMO.

Stoked to see these though.

Like most things on arctic cat, I'll just wait till CO2.0 buys a set and talks because he always does:p

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
ice age rails would be nice, I just can't spend that kinda coin on a kit when that 2 grand would get me a onto a newer sled, without the wrenching. 17 and 18 mountain cats can be dropped to the lower skid holes front and back bone stock. BDX will get this price point in line I bet.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Good to see someone else try this other than ice age. They do look like a more quality build over the proclimb setup. I went through about a dozen spindles on that proclimb bdx front end. I love the elevate kit on both my sleds.

I suspect if the spindles hold up, the upper a-arms/brackets that they use to attach to the bulkhead will now be the failure point. Increasing the length below the spindle and shortening the top is going to put significantly more leverage on that upper arm.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I suspect if the spindles hold up, the upper a-arms/brackets that they use to attach to the bulkhead will now be the failure point. Increasing the length below the spindle and shortening the top is going to put significantly more leverage on that upper arm.
That was the case on the proclimb setup. They strengthened the spindles and then the brackets started breaking (and tearing bulkheads).

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Everything keeps going up and getting skinnier. How long until we are back to a snowhawk? Serious question. Isn't that what everyone is slowly going to? Skinny panels/profile, raised front end, raised track. Heck, put an Alpha skid on a snowhawk and you'll never keep it upright!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I dont want one ski. I like the snowmobile factor of 2 skis. Its still nice to ride lazy when you want, and a snowbike or snowhawk isnt that.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Some more pics from their facebook page.

Definitely going to be some increased leverage on the upper A-arms. Theirs do look beefier than the stock ones at least. To guys with the previous BDX proclimb setup: what was breaking? Mounting spot of the uppers or spindles themselves?

bdx_cat_spindle.JPGbdx_cat_spindle2.JPG

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I had the BDX stuff. The spindles were made out of soap. They would bend super easy. Then they beefed up the spindles. I didn’t have much trouble after that. Bent an upper arm but I prolly should have bent from the hit it took. I tried the first gen 38” set up and didn’t really like it. Also tried the 36” set up and it worked good with a 174” track. The stock 2017 front end was better than any of it tho but I was done spending money on that sled by the time Cat fingered it out.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
kinda a bummer, I didn't catch the part about it using their a-arms. always wondered what their philosophy was on lowering the upper a-arm mount other than looking more like a Polaris. seems weaker by reducing leverage. Cats usually ahead of the game in suspension, I would bet the next new Polaris chassis will have farther spacing between the arms like a cat.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah I don't know what the thinking is there either. Just seems kind of pointless unless they're deliberately trying to change the travel path by altering the parallelogram movement.

Seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

Hey BDX: Answers!! :p

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
3" or 4" shorter piece of material means a nice bit of savings in material and machine time. Also then working with their front end makes it less of a direct knock off.

Also missing some of the more time consuming details to add to the design. It has height though.

Yeah I don't know what the thinking is there either. Just seems kind of pointless unless they're deliberately trying to change the travel path by altering the parallelogram movement.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Originally I think BDX went that direction because with the old spindle that big old tall thing seemed like it drug and made the sled sidehill poorly. However, with the new spindles and geometry since 16 it really hasn't been an issue. They probably just continued on that path because it makes them different. Maybe some people still want a shorter spindle. Cost is definitely a factor.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
found a pic on facebook installed
bdxspindles.jpg

I don't know man. Not sure taking the support leverage off the top is the best idea. I'm predicting some broken/bent upper arms. That ski has a lot more leverage on that upper ball joint now.

No one here has bought these yet?

Can't deny it though: like every other lift kit, the added height just looks right.

Last edited:
Premium Features