• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking To Buy and Need Answers

A
Feb 25, 2010
Boston Mass
I was wondering if anyone here has ever sold/shipped their sled to someone who was looking to buy. I am looking to pick up a mountain sled and there aren't too many around me here in New England. I was wondering if anyone on here has either shipped, or known someone who has done it and if it is worth it to do a deal over the internet/phone and not in person, and the shipping that is involved.

Thanks!:face-icon-small-coo

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Never done it with sleds but with motorcycles we use uship.com its kind of like ebay where shipping companies bid each other down til you accept one of them's prices... Might look into that.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
call Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports, she does this all the time...in some cases she can have shipping done straight from factory...

Here is her contact info...

Yamaha,Arctic Cat,Polaris and Suzuki Parts
I DISCOUNT!!!!! 541-523-3500

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
I live in Colorado, and can personally deliver your sled for 2.00/mi. I would cover insurance and ship it inside an inclosed trailer. To help reduce costs, I would recommend buying it in CO/WY/UT as this would be closer for me to pick the sled up. PM me if intersted, and we can coordinate further and go over details.

A
Feb 25, 2010
Boston Mass
Thanks

I appreciate all the good advice and that website for shipping is really helpful. And I appreciate the offer for the delivery but it would cost me over 4500 dollars to ship to my house. I would end up spending over 10,000 on a used sled. I appreciate the offer but no thank you. If anyone knows of any other websites that bid on shipping your product please let me know.

TTT

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I sold a sled to a guy in CO and he hired a private car hauler...he waited until the guy was making a delivery from my area (Seattle) to his area (CO) and it cost him less than $500.

The hauler showed up at my place and I rode the sled right on to the car trailer (double decker style)...he strapped it down, covrered it, and off he went.

Do a search for cross country car haulers and start calling.

As for buying a sled sight unseen...buyer beware.... and do your research.

Good luck.

Premium Features