• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for Turbo reviews

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I've ridden a 17 850 with an mpi turbo set at 200 hp for 3 years. Last year I had a silber 850 Freeride that was insanely fast! I ordered a 21 expert turbo for this year and was originally a little worried about being down roughly 40 HP to my last sleds. I thought about putting a tune in it before riding it, but ultimately decided that I'd ride it a few times and then decide. Yes, its down on HP compared to an aftermarket system, but its just soooo much easier to ride in the trees and technical terrain, which is my favorite thing to do. I decided to leave it stock, not even a can. Gas and go, no issues at all! No way I'd go back to an aftermarket turbo
And that was EXACTLY THE SAME EXPERIENCE I had!!!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Post forward is a must for a climber and a much better feel on the back, they should be doing this mid from factory.. best 300 bucks you can spend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Jan 10, 2021
Post forward is a must for a climber and a much better feel on the back, they should be doing this mid from factory.. best 300 bucks you can spend

I hear this is a must for tall guys, but does is it one for shorter guys like me too? 5’9

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
I’m 5.9 as well, and it’s day and night difference on my 850 from better leverage to moving weight transfer farther front.. just do it and thank me latter

P
Jan 10, 2021
I’m 5.9 as well, and it’s day and night difference on my 850 from better leverage to moving weight transfer farther front.. just do it and thank me latter

Haha will do. I’ll chime back in in October & let you know what I think.

I’ve always just bought slightly used sleds that are a year or two old and ride them as they come... this is the first time I’ve ordered one so pretty stoked to set it up my way.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
If you haven't already snow checked one, better get to it!

The 850 Expert Turbo is fantastic. I have just under 1400mi on mine. It's totally stock except ibackshift clutching and shocks. This sled really doesn't need much. As many have said, it's very rideable, and also all the power you could need- especially on the deep days.

The stock expert (and presumably x package) shocks are definitely ridable, unlike the SP.

Otherwise just pull and go.

Premium Features