• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for some help

M
Jan 1, 2020
I am currently building a 95 xlt 600 tripple and am putting a 700 motor in but the 700 motor does not line up with the secondary does anyone know what I'll have to do to line it up

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
If you installing a twin Brad Wursten use to make motor plates that would bolt right in might search around Ebay or something. If its for a twin I did a swap many years ago. I took the XLT motor straps and built some spacers out of aluminum and redrilled the holes to bolt up. I think there was some welding that had to be done but it was too many years ago. You will need a clutch alingment tool and the clutch CC. Make a jig to bolt up the CC between the Engine and the Jack shaft and start moving it around and adding spacers till you get it right. The other issue is the steering shaft on the XLT will hit the 700 carbs so you have to update the steering to the same as the 700. The list keeps going but those are the major items.

Premium Features